Bored: Offense Moving Forward

G08

21 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

You’d think Wright (who has produced all year when they’ve had him in) would keep Bellamy off the field or at least in a limited role. I have no idea how they decide their personnel groupings. There’s no logic to it at all. Inman played 90% of our snaps this week and I’m totally fine with that. But would it shock anyone if they inexplicably played him 50% less next week? 

I wouldn't be at all. Maybe McBride and Inman share the bulk of the reps. Seems like he is trying new combinations each week.

We should be looking at (IMO)-

Reich - OC for the Eagles who has MVP caliber QB-play from a 2nd year QB

DeFilippo - Same as Reich, but is supposedly the one working with Wentz more than anyone

McDaniels - Helped elevate the GOAT, even when the defense craps the bed, the offense is always fantastic - has HC experience he has hopefully learned from

Nagy - Broke KC out and has the 5th in yards, 5th in points, and tied for 1st with only 2 turnovers. Very creative offense.

Carmichael - NO has been an elite offense for a long time, and he has been there with Brees since 2006.

Scheme aside we can fit with any coach.

- Young QB who is accurate and an athlete

- Power runner

- Scat back/3rd down back

- Big bodied athlete at TE

- WR corps had several versatile players but no stars. Supplement to fit WR needs.

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I wouldn't be at all. Maybe McBride and Inman share the bulk of the reps. Seems like he is trying new combinations each week.

We should be looking at (IMO)-

Reich - OC for the Eagles who has MVP caliber QB-play from a 2nd year QB

DeFilippo - Same as Reich, but is supposedly the one working with Wentz more than anyone

McDaniels - Helped elevate the GOAT, even when the defense craps the bed, the offense is always fantastic - has HC experience he has hopefully learned from

Nagy - Broke KC out and has the 5th in yards, 5th in points, and tied for 1st with only 2 turnovers. Very creative offense.

Carmichael - NO has been an elite offense for a long time, and he has been there with Brees since 2006.

Scheme aside we can fit with any coach.

- Young QB who is accurate and an athlete

- Power runner

- Scat back/3rd down back

- Big bodied athlete at TE

- WR corps had several versatile players but no stars. Supplement to fit WR needs.

Matt LaFleur should be at the top of the list right now...what he and McVay have done in LA is insane...3rd in total yards...6th in passing...5th in rushing...1st in scoring averaging nearly 33 PPG...

Above all else the turn around from year one to two of Jared Goff might be the biggest transformation I can remember in 10 years...dude looked like a scared kid who was going to be a massive bust and now he looks like he could be one of those 2nd tier QBs before long even with no one totally elite around him...I mean dude is 7th in passing yards...highest YPA of anyone with over 200 attempts...6th highest QB rating as well of anyone over 200 attempts.

When you consider

24 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Matt LaFleur should be at the top of the list right now...what he and McVay have done in LA is insane...3rd in total yards...6th in passing...5th in rushing...1st in scoring averaging nearly 33 PPG...

Above all else the turn around from year one to two of Jared Goff might be the biggest transformation I can remember in 10 years...dude looked like a scared kid who was going to be a massive bust and now he looks like he could be one of those 2nd tier QBs before long even with no one totally elite around him...I mean dude is 7th in passing yards...highest YPA of anyone with over 200 attempts...6th highest QB rating as well of anyone over 200 attempts.

When you consider

...not sure how I missed adding him. Literally was talking about him yesterday with my brother as that is his number one choice. 

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

You could make that argument with basically anyone worth looking at tho.

I think having worked for good coaches is a positive, even if it makes a stand alone evaluation harder.

Shannahan and McVay are my dream. I love the offense that they run. I think with Trubisky's mobility he is a perfect fit for what they do off play action and rolling out.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think having worked for good coaches is a positive, even if it makes a stand alone evaluation harder.

Shannahan and McVay are my dream. I love the offense that they run. I think with Trubisky's mobility he is a perfect fit for what they do off play action and rolling out.

Yeah I would never punish someone for working with quality coaches and having relationships with people than could lead to them bringing guys into the building with them...it's what set's LaFleur ahead of Nagy for me.

Some notes I made about LaFleur

-QBs have career years when he is around, Golson [ND], RG3 [Rookie of the year],  Ryan [MVP], Goff [Might be MVP].

-In Washington and LA they have at WR

1. No dominant #1

2. At least 1 serious speed option [Watkins, Jackson]

3. 3-4 guys who could be targeted on any play

4. 1 guy who can really run routes [Woods, Garcon]

-They use a flex TE that can be moved around the formation [Reed, Hooper, Everett]

-At least 1 RB that can catch the ball [Thompson, Coleman, Gurley]

Just now, G08 said:

Josh McDaniels calls plays

Pete Carmichael Jr. calls plays

etc

Yeah but McDaniels has the best QB and possibly player of all time and bombed without him and Carmichael Jr has never even had many interviews despite NO having a quality offence year in year out...so how much is Brady and how much is Payton?...

There will never be a perfect candidate.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah but McDaniels has the best QB and possibly player of all time and bombed without him and Carmichael Jr has never even had many interviews despite NO having a quality offence year in year out...so how much is Brady and how much is Payton?...

There will never be a perfect candidate.

Matt Cassel says hello, they won 11 games that year, but sure he bombed without Brady.

Kyle Orton had a career year under McDaniels

I believe Carmichael Jr has had 3 or 4 interviews.

Whether it's Carmicheal, LaFleur, Nagy, or Reich I wouldn't be disappointed with any of those options.

Who out of that group is Pace most likely to target based on what we know?  Probably Carmichael, but I think LaFleur is an under the radar name to watch out for.

Let's be real, McDaniels is a long shot as there are doubts that he'll want to concede any personnel power to a GM that is not his own handpicked guy.  We keep hearing that it's going to have to be a near perfect scenario for McDaniels to want to leave NE again, so we can pretty much cross him off the list as long as Pace is here.  The only wild card to all of this is that Josh's brother Ben currently works on the Bears staff as an offensive assistant...

McDaniels scares me,  worst case scenario he combines the negatives of an retread and a unknown... : He has been an HC with very poor results,  involved in a failed promising young QB... Aaaand no one has seen him have any success outside of a very good team with good pieces.  

Much more exciting to try someone fresh.  

My own preference at this early juncture would be Carmichael or LaFleur.  Please keep Harbaugh and Gruden away. 

12 minutes ago, G08 said:

Matt Cassel says hello, they won 11 games that year, but sure he bombed without Brady.

Kyle Orton had a career year under McDaniels

I believe Carmichael Jr has had 3 or 4 interviews.

Yeah almost 10 years ago Cassel had a decent season where the Pats rode the #8 scoring D in football and for once their rushing attack finished higher ranked than there passing game...plus they still had the best coach of all time leading them...how did McDaniel's do on his own?...

And 3 or 4 interviews is nothing for a guy who has had quality offences for the last 6 years.

Archived