Bored: Offense Moving Forward

G08

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah almost 10 years ago Cassel had a decent season where the Pats rode the #8 scoring D in football and for once their rushing attack finished higher ranked than there passing game...plus they still had the best coach of all time leading them...how did McDaniel's do on his own?...

And 3 or 4 interviews is nothing for a guy who has had quality offences for the last 6 years.

*shrug* I'm just responding to your false claims. Kyle freaking Orton almost threw for 4,000 yards his first year with McDaniels.

Just now, G08 said:

*shrug* I'm just responding to your false claims.

Apart from the fact your not...McDaniel's has done nothing outside of being under the wing of the best of all time in BB and my original point with Carmichael r was he has had very few interviews and no one has snapped him up before now.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Apart from the fact your not...McDaniel's has done nothing outside of being under the wing of the best of all time in BB and my original point with Carmichael r was he has had very few interviews and no one has snapped him up before now.

*you're

Kyle freaking Orton almost threw for 4,000 yards his first year with McDaniels.

Doug Pederson never called plays, etc etc etc. This is a dumb conversation.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Kyle freaking Orton almost threw for 4,000 yards his first year with McDaniels.

And yet his team went 8-8 and he ripped a roster apart...I have to laugh at people thinking Orton was terrible because he really wasn't...

Another thing to point out is again this was 8 years ago...the NFL is a what have you done for me lately league that moves quickly...what did McDaniel's do with the Rams? Nuting...

He is another product of the Pat's system just like we have seen in the past with both players, coaches and front office men.

To add to the McDaniels chatter, after reading some comments from ex Broncos players when he was in charge you will be scared to death to hire him as the next head coach of your team.

It's like what we are hearing Giants players saying off the record about Ben McAdoo right now.  Not good.  Maybe it's just me but I see McDaniels as a huge risk, much more so than guys like LaFleur, Carmichael, etc.

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

To add to the McDaniels chatter, after reading some comments from ex Broncos players when he was in charge you will be scared to death to hire him as the next head coach of your team.

It's like what we are hearing Giants players saying off the record about Ben McAdoo right now.  Not good.  Maybe it's just me but I see McDaniels as a huge risk, much more so than guys like LaFleur, Carmichael, etc.

The question is did McDaniels learn from his mistakes? Probably not most people do not change and the NFL is ego driven. I mean look at Loggins and Fox a bye week and they do the same plan. I'm with you here I don't see McDaniels being able to have the composure to be a HC.

10 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

The question is did McDaniels learn from his mistakes? Probably not most people do not change and the NFL is ego driven. I mean look at Loggins and Fox a bye week and they do the same plan. I'm with you here I don't see McDaniels being able to have the composure to be a HC.

I agree.  I mean he might have learned from what went wrong during his stint as Broncos head coach but I have strong doubts that he will be any better for it if given another head coaching opportunity.

I think he is a bright offensive mind, just not head coach material based on what I've heard and read.

Nagy. LaFleur. Carmichael. Reich.  Whatever. All are guys who I think could help Mitch reach his potential. McDaniels is a great coaching prospect but I think he’s HC in waiting for Belichick who I suspect retires with Brady. No insight to that - just a hunch. That’ll have him as an NFL HC for over 20 years, a fistful of SB rings and the largely undisputed title as greatest Head Coach of all time. 

The two guys I’m really intrigued by are Reich if we go new HC and Harbaugh if we go experienced. Wentz has he and Petersen tutoring him. Dak has Garrett and Wade Wilson. All former NFL QBs. I think that has been HUGE for them, and would be huge for Mitch too. It’s not a must, but it has him getting direct instruction from guys who did it at this level. 

As for OC, I think a candidate to look at whether we go offensive HC or not would be Hue Jackson. He’s a mess as a HC but it cannot be denied that Cincinnati’s offense under his watch was legit. He had Andy Dalton in the Pro Bowl in 2015 with a 106.2 QB Rating. Andy fricking Dalton. His two best QB Rating seasons came in his 2 seasons under Hue, and from a continuity standpoint he’s HIGHLY unlikely to get another HC shot. Ideally for me the pairing is Jackson as OC under one of the former QB as HC. I think that puts Mitch in a great, stable position for growth.

Archived