Week 18 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs (12-4) at Denver Broncos (7-9)

paul-mac

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

D stands tall at the GL...but man, Ojemudia with a SECOND dropped pick.   This time, it lets KC get 3.   

Imagine the game if Ojemudia makes both plays.  I mean, I get it, that's why he plays CB lol, but wow.

It was Fuller who dropped the second one. But our corners really need to make those plays. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

To beat the Chiefs, obvious we need to keep the pressure on Mahomes via our Dline. When he gets pressured (and contained) their explosive offense isn't as potent and mistake-prone

It's also a MASSIVE change to not have Tyreek Hill in there.   There's no coincidence as to the team's O output when Hill isn't in the game, or is hurt.   You take Hill out, you cap the big play ability for KC in a massive way.

7 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Big drop... smh

Will need to look at replay, wonder if Hughes got a hand to knock it out.  Otherwise, yeah, that was huge by Sutton.  Ironically other than the 2 throws to Patrick to get 1st downs, that Lock's best throw.

Maybe Sutton needs to stick at what he does best - throw the ball!

(B4 ppl take umbrage, it's a joke.....but pretty ironic Sutton's played better as a thrower today than as a pass catcher, and Lock as a runner than as a QB)

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Vic Fangio vs. a running clock has been a mismatch for three years. Stop the fight!

There are plenty of Fangio mess ups when it comes to the clock. This was not one of them. If Sutton catches that, you have 3 timeouts with 30 seconds left and in great position to do whatever you'd like. 23 seconds and backed up is a great defensive position to be in as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Will need to look at replay, wonder if Hughes got a hand to knock it out.  Otherwise, yeah, that was huge by Sutton.  Ironically other than the 2 throws to Patrick to get 1st downs, that Lock's best throw.

Maybe Sutton needs to stick at what he does best - throw the ball!

Even if Hughes does get a hand in, it was a perfect throw by Lock and Sutton had it in his hands. Gotta show strong hands and tuck that and not give the defense an opportunity to knock it out. 

2 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Even if Hughes does get a hand in, it was a perfect throw by Lock and Sutton had it in his hands. Gotta show strong hands and tuck that and not give the defense an opportunity to knock it out. 

Completely fair, Sutton has to know the guy is coming.    Part of how he wins, contested catches/box-outs.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

There are plenty of Fangio mess ups when it comes to the clock. This was not one of them. If Sutton catches that, you have 3 timeouts with 30 seconds left and in great position to do whatever you'd like. 23 seconds and backed up is a great defensive position to be in as well. 

They allowed half the clock to run off in that sequence of plays for no reason. I’m tired of having plenty of time and timeouts and just trying to eek into FG range. It’s horrible football. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

They allowed half the clock to run off in that sequence of plays for no reason. I’m tired of having plenty of time and timeouts and just trying to eek into FG range. It’s horrible. 

Agree to disagree on this one I guess. If we had a better and consistent offense, sure I get it, but by calling time outs, we're leaving time on the board if we cant finish the drive (which we are terrible at doing). If Fangio took those time outs, Mahomes would have had 1.5min and 3 timeouts to get into scoring position.