Week 18 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs (12-4) at Denver Broncos (7-9)

paul-mac

One thing I'd expect we'll see from KC's D in the 2H - sending pressure on Lock.   KC usually sends a ton of pressure - but they've been playing off coverage, and not sending pressure except on that last 3rd down play, and 1-2 others.    Pretty clear they thought they could confuse Lock coverage-wise, which has been pretty much the case - but they didn't account for his running ability.  

Not taking anything  away from Lock's 1H - he got 14 pts with his legs and Sutton's big throw on the 1st drive (and the ST penalty was massive in extending that drive), and then the run game set up the TD in a big way, with 1 big 3rd down conversion out to Patrick.     KC is usually really good at adjusting - I'm just surprised they didn't want to send pressure in the 1H, since that's a major weakness Lock has shown.

As for the D, they get nothing but respect.   Especially the DL, and Jones/Harris.   Much respect.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, grizmo78 said:

Agree to disagree on this one I guess. If we had a better and consistent offense, sure I get it, but by calling time outs, we're leaving time on the board if we cant finish the drive (which we are terrible at doing). If Fangio took those time outs, Mahomes would have had 1.5min and 3 timeouts to get into scoring position. 

Fair. If I believe in my HC as a defensive genius, I gotta have faith in him as a fallback. This team just doesn’t maximize scoring opportunities ever. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cutler06 said:

Fangio has shown he can put a defensive game plan together to combat the Chiefs. Our offense has always been the "losing" factor when facing KC

I really hope Fangio doesn't get up going to LV... Wish someone else gave him the chance to be HC and we could have gotten him to run our D for years. 

Just now, grizmo78 said:

Remember when everyone gave Gordon all the hate?

He’s a really good running back. Not often he gets to flash the breakaway speed that made him look so special at Wisconsin but outside of a few bad fumbles he’s been a dependable and consistent RB here.  

• Like 1