Bears @ Vikings, season finale GT

beardown3231

5 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Stellar! 😉

I wonder if he's gonna be a bust? I never thought that was even sort of a possibility...

I certainly didn't see a 1st round talent. He looks alot like Matt Flynn.  It seems like they were trying recreate Rodgers again by taking an overlooked talent late in the 1st. The staff knew there was something wrong when he couldn't even beat Tim Boyle for the #2 spot last year.

I just can't wait until Packer fans don't have Rodgers anymore. Maybe then they will learn to appreciate the talent they had with him and Favre instead of turning their backs on em.

• Like 1

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Name the Safety who can cover a top 3 receiver who is left untouched off the line to run deep and has a QB who is untouched for 5 seconds who can throw it too him?

We'll agree to disagree. I'm not going to delve into minutia. That touchdown catch by Jefferson was, in my opinion, a completely unacceptable effort by Jackson. 

Eddie Jackson FLAT OUT SUCKS. I believe I used "beyond pathetic" to describe his effort and awareness on that play I just mentioned. 

Feel free to defend Jackson all you'd like...but just don't bother to do so with me. We'll disagree on the player and, based on what I've seen from him on the field these last three seasons, it would take a football miracle for me to change my opinion on him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I certainly didn't see a 1st round talent. He looks alot like Matt Flynn.  It seems like they were trying recreate Rodgers again by taking an overlooked talent late in the 1st. The staff knew there was something wrong when he couldn't even beat Tim Boyle for the #2 spot last year.

I just can't wait until Packer fans don't have Rodgers anymore. Maybe then they will learn to appreciate the talent they had with him and Favre instead of turning their backs on em.

Last bit first...I'm even more convinced now that Rodgers, and probably Adams, remain Packers. Gutekunst will make it work. That will require a partial rebuild, but they're going to do it. 

As to Love...there were some pretty compelling reasons to justify his play tailing off, that last year of college. Before that, IMO, he looked all kinds of promising. He sure hasn't flashed a single bit of that promise in the pros so far. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

We'll agree to disagree. I'm not going to delve into minutia. That touchdown catch by Jefferson was, in my opinion, a completely unacceptable effort by Jackson. 

Eddie Jackson FLAT OUT SUCKS. I believe I used "beyond pathetic" to describe his effort and awareness on that play I just mentioned. 

Feel free to defend Jackson all you'd like...but just don't bother to do so with me. We'll disagree on the player and, based on what I've seen from him on the field these last three seasons, it would take a football miracle for me to change my opinion on him. 

With all due respect your agreeing to disagree because there is no safety in the NFL who is covering Jefferson in that circumstance and you know it...

If you don't like Jackson then fine...I don't like every play...but you have a former all pro CB saying that a safety can't cover Jefferson...our own coaches have come out and said he has been put in positions he shouldn't have been...dislike him but don't pile on him for things that aren't his fault.

Bears 2022 schedule so far

Home:
NFCN: GB, MIN, DET
NFCE: PHI, WAS,
NFCW: SF
AFCE: BUF, MIA
AFCS: HOU

Away:
NFCN: GB, MIN, DET
NFCE: DAL, NYG
AFCE: NE, NYJ
NFCS: Whoever loses today between NO/ATL.

Obviously alot can change in the offseason but right now it looks like a pretty favorable schedule.

Glad to get 9 home games, and 7 of them look winnable.

• Like 2

Great first half, looked like a repeat of the Giants game.  Then we switched with Minny.   They drove the ball and scored(we only had 14, but only gave up 3 at the end of the half) but in the second half we did little positive.  3 times on 4th and 1 and we're throwing?  WTF doesn't even cover that.  Nagy must know he's gone and didn't care about the outcome.  Zimmer too as he didn't let Jefferson get the Minny receiving yards record.  Disappointing season, we have a lot of FAs, and only 5 draft picks.  With a new coach and hopefully a new GM, we'll look a lot different next year.  Hopefully we'll be kicking butt.

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

With all due respect your agreeing to disagree because there is no safety in the NFL who is covering Jefferson in that circumstance and you know it...

I "know it"? Claiming I'm lying, just to make a point about Jackson? 

Sure.

The play in question comes up at 7:10-7:18 in this video here:

16 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I "know it"? Claiming I'm lying, just to make a point about Jackson? 

Sure.

The play in question comes up at 7:10-7:18 in this video here:

I watched the game dude...if you know of a safety who could cover Jefferson then say it?

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I watched the game dude...if you know of a safety who could cover Jefferson then say it?

In position right next to him, as Jackson was...I'd say 99% of the safeties in the league. They wouldn't pull up, they wouldn't spaz out, they wouldn't STOP COVERING JEFFERSON FOR SOME REASON, and they wouldn't pause at length to look up for the ball, as Jackson did. 

A high school player might be benched for a horrible lapse like that. 

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

In position right next to him, as Jackson was...I'd say 99% of the safeties in the league. They wouldn't pull up, they wouldn't spaz out, they wouldn't STOP COVERING JEFFERSON FOR SOME REASON, and they wouldn't pause at length to look up for the ball, as Jackson did. 

A high school player might be benched for a horrible lapse like that. 

Okay then dude...you keep having unrealistic expectations of a player you can never see doing anything right.

Oh man, David Montgomery is livid on the #Bears sideline.
Quote Tweet

@sean_hammond
· 1h
Another fourth-and-1 for Nagy's offense, this time Andy Dalton throws it up for grabs and is picked off. Patrick Peterson takes it to the house.

And yet Andy Dalton throw the ball 48 times...it's almost laughable.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Last bit first...I'm even more convinced now that Rodgers, and probably Adams, remain Packers. Gutekunst will make it work. That will require a partial rebuild, but they're going to do it. 

As to Love...there were some pretty compelling reasons to justify his play tailing off, that last year of college. Before that, IMO, he looked all kinds of promising. He sure hasn't flashed a single bit of that promise in the pros so far. 

If Rodgers AND Adams stay, you can say goodbye to a lot of their other solid pieces

• Like 1