Bears @ Vikings, season finale GT

beardown3231

40 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:
Oh man, David Montgomery is livid on the #Bears sideline.

The cameras caught that, too. I had quite the chuckle. Good on Montgomery, though! He was right to be pissed!

26 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If Rodgers AND Adams stay, you can say goodbye to a lot of their other solid pieces

Yup. There will be a fire sale. 

Edited by Heinz D.

I got about 5 mins left in the game....

Aqib Talib is the worst commentary ever. He just drives me up the wall, I had to mute the tv and put music on.

Nagy is incapable of having the team ready for a 4th down play.

I hope Nagy is gone tonight. Havent looked in to the news yet.

2 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Im still mad at Eddie Jackson on that TD he let Jefferson have.

Bears should dangle him out on the block to see what other teams will offer up this off season.

They should trade Jackson for whatever they can get for him. 

Odds are no one will be stupid enough to make that trade, though. 

6 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Aqib Talib is the worst commentary ever. He just drives me up the wall, I had to mute the tv and put music on.

He’s completely unrefined as a broadcaster, but I actually like that he doesn’t just pass out cookie cutter platitudes for 3 hours every week. We have enough guys who all say the same things. Talib is blunt, and I enjoy it. That was one of the things that always endeared me to Cutler too - he gave honest answers instead of the “what they want to hear” answer. Don’t try to placate me - tell me what you think and what you see as a former player - that’s why you’re there! Any fool can give generic analysis.

Also, I’ve convinced myself that he wears Crabtree’s chain during telecasts which is/would be the biggest BDE move ever lol. 

• Like 1

Long season for both of us, but brighter days are ahead (assuming Rodgers leaves lol)

The Bears have some good young players, and with another strong draft and getting the right coaches, I think your team will be back in the playoffs before you know it.

Enjoy the offseason fellas. Can't wait to see what next season brings!

• Like 2

On 1/9/2022 at 5:16 PM, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Im still mad at Eddie Jackson on that TD he let Jefferson have.

Bears should dangle him out on the block to see what other teams will offer up this off season.

I was thinking the same thing.  E Jax hasn't made a play in two years. I'm up for trading him for whatever you can get for him,  resign Houston- Carson to a multi year deal and let him play safety. At least he'll make a play or two. I know Sportstrac  says there's an out on Jackson's contract. Can one you  cap guys explain it. 

Edited by GBHalas
Used wrong word
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GBHalas said:

I was thinking the same thing.  E Jax hasn't made a play in two years. I'm up for trading him for whatever you can get for him,  resign Houston- Carson to a multi year deal and let him play safety. At least he'll make a play or two. I know Sportstrac  says there's an out on Jackson's contract. Can one you  cap guys explain it. 

If you want to trade EJax I can get behind that but giving DHC a starting role or multi-year extension for anything above his ST value and Im out. At best he should get to compete with a more promising talent. 

As far as 2022 being a potential out Im not seeing it as a realistic option honestly. If we cut or trade EJax now its $18.5 mil dead cap to be held against us but if either is done post-June 1st then we have about $4 mil dead cap this year and $9.6 mil dead cap next year. 

If we wait until post-June 1st in 2023 them it drops to his dead cap hits going to $4mil and $6 mil roughly. Thats an easier pill to swallow IMO. Jags took an $18.75 mil dead cap when they dumped Foles on us but I'm not a fan of getting nothing for so much. They were tanking, I doubt we could be bad enough to get a top 5 pick on 2023 even if we somehow traded Mack and Quinn both of we have competent coaching. 

47 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

If you want to trade EJax I can get behind that but giving DHC a starting role or multi-year extension for anything above his ST value and Im out. At best he should get to compete with a more promising talent. 

As far as 2022 being a potential out Im not seeing it as a realistic option honestly. If we cut or trade EJax now its $18.5 mil dead cap to be held against us but if either is done post-June 1st then we have about $4 mil dead cap this year and $9.6 mil dead cap next year. 

If we wait until post-June 1st in 2023 them it drops to his dead cap hits going to $4mil and $6 mil roughly. Thats an easier pill to swallow IMO. Jags took an $18.75 mil dead cap when they dumped Foles on us but I'm not a fan of getting nothing for so much. They were tanking, I doubt we could be bad enough to get a top 5 pick on 2023 even if we somehow traded Mack and Quinn both of we have competent coaching. 

I agree give DHC competition but he's a solid ST and his progression reminds me of Micah Hyde. He's produced in the dime and nickel packages and always seem to be around the ball.  My personal opinion is he deserves like 3 year 10 million dollar contract. I rather roll the dice on him and a rookie or Tabor than overpay Jackson one more year

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

It's still an $18.5 mil hit if Jackson is traded? Is that because of a signing bonus? 

2 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

~7.2M from his original bonus, ~6.3M from salary the Bears converted to signing bonus when they restructured his deal last offseason, and 5M in guaranteed salary.

The other team would pick up the salary, no?

Doesn't matter, I suppose. With that much money involved I wouldn't trade him for just anything, but I would settle for a ridiculously expensive third round pick. Rip that band-aid off, get it over with. Jackson is worse than a JAG. It would be easy for the new GM to justify, too. "Oh, you know that Ryan Pace guy, who just got fired? Yeah...he did some really stupid things..."