SNF: Chargers (9-7) @ Raiders (9-7) - Win and you're in

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raiders
    • Chargers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2022 at 02:00 AM

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

I think the Raiders cared more about avenging the first loss than Madden.

Madden is for the fans. The players are playing for each other. All the crap that's happened and we're still in the playoffs. That says a lot about the effort about the team imo.

Bosa's previous comments was likely all the fuel our O needed. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Madden is for the fans. The players are playing for each other. All the crap that's happened and we're still in the playoffs. That says a lot about the effort about the team imo.

Bosa's previous comments was likely all the fuel our O needed. 

Derek’s comments definitely helped us in the first game 😆

47 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

Oh you’re back are you?

warm welcome back to all Raiders fans. Missing from the forum since week 6

Well, that’s a lie. Raiders fans are always present on here. Just often miserable instead of jubilant.

Unlike certain fans of a team who really did disappear when they started the season badly and couldn’t handle it…

Edited by Nightmare

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair, when a team goes -3 in TO game, they lose >90 percent of time (I count 4th down stops as TO's - same result, change in possession with no loss in field position).   The Chargers' muffed punt, 3rd and 23 / DPI sequence and the failed 4th and 1 cost LAC 17 pts.      In a TO neutral game, it's probably the Chargers that win that (but that's also why you play the game, and nothing but credit to LV, they did play the better game, just Herbert is THAT magical).

All of which to say - LV's key to winning next week is to force Burrow TO's, and have the O and Carr play a clean game like last night (Bosa's strip sack notwithstanding). 

I was referring to the Bengals game earlier in the season. We essentially shut down the Bengals passing attack and it was a 16-13 game in the 4th quarter. We had two turnovers which gave them short fields late in the 4th that they scored TD's on so it ended up being 32-13. Even though the final score implies that we got blown out, it was much more competitive then the score shows.

4 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

You think the players care about Madden? Lol

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

I think the Raiders cared more about avenging the first loss than Madden.

John Madden was a Raiders legend and meant a lot to our franchise, which is why we have JM stickers on our helmet and why his family lit the ceremonial Al Davis torch before the game. Madden's death was just another tragic situation that our organization had to deal with this year and definitely something that added some motivation for us. We didn't want to lose when his grieving wife was there to honor his memory. I know that Oregon and the Chargers have never had a great coach or a legendary person associated with the organization though so I wouldn't expect you guys to understand.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

John Madden was a Raiders legend and meant a lot to our franchise, which is why we have JM stickers on our helmet and why his family lit the ceremonial Al Davis torch before the game. Madden's death was just another tragic situation that our organization had to deal with this year and definitely something that added some motivation for us. We didn't want to lose when his grieving wife was there to honor his memory. I know that Oregon and the Chargers have never had a great coach or a legendary person associated with the organization though so I wouldn't expect you guys to understand.

We had Sid Gilman and Don Coryell. Our point is that Madden does not mean anything emotionally to the current team. Just like Coryell wouldn’t mean anything now. It wasn’t Madden that helped you win the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Does someone want to tell this troll where Madden went to school…

Edited by Oregon Ducks

55 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Does someone want to tell this troll where Madden went to school…

Is John Madden remembered more for being the winningest coach in NFL history and winning a Super Bowl with the Raiders or is he known for redshirting for one year at Oregon before transferring to Cal Poly? Was Herbert motivated to play better for someone that redshirted at his Alma Matter 55 years ago?

5 hours ago, Xenos said:

We had Sid Gilman and Don Coryell. Our point is that Madden does not mean anything emotionally to the current team. Just like Coryell wouldn’t mean anything now. It wasn’t Madden that helped you win the game.

I have no clue who either of those guys are. And it didn't help us win the game, we were just the better team. But there definitely was an emotional element to the game with Madden's family in the building lighting the torch.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I have no clue who either of those guys are. And it didn't help us win the game, we were just the better team. But there definitely was an emotional element to the game with Madden's family in the building lighting the torch.

Al Davis would be ashamed of you.

King Of The Hill No GIF