SNF: Chargers (9-7) @ Raiders (9-7) - Win and you're in

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raiders
    • Chargers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2022 at 02:00 AM

10 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Probably because of Herbert. He can only get better if they continue to build around him. A little more exciting than Carr currently 😆

Herbert is 100% more exciting than Carr and I’d swap them in a heartbeat.

That said, the Chargers hype this year is completely unmerited. Staley makes weird decisions too frequently, the run defense is abysmal and the team in general is just too inconsistent to deserve all the media love they’ve had this season.

A 9-8 team talked about like they’re the #1 seed.

Edited by Nightmare

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Herbert is 100% more exciting than Carr and I’d swap them in a heartbeat.

That said, the Chargers hype this year is completely unmerited. Staley makes weird decisions too frequently, the run defense is abysmal and the team in general is just too inconsistent to deserve all the media love they’ve had this season.

A 9-8 team talked about like they’re the #1 seed.

It depends on what you mean by weird decisions. As I said previously, I’m fine with his 4th down aggressiveness and reliance on analytics to inform his decision making. We couldn’t have beaten a lot of the teams this year without him going for it ie. Bengals, Chiefs first time, Raiders the first time, Eagles, etc. 

It’s the performance of the defense overall this season especially on third downs and against the run. Not sure how much of that is Staley coaching versus roster issues.

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Joe Burrow got strapped when we played them earlier this season. 

You should probably be a little worried that you held Burrow to his lowest totals of the season and still lost by 19 in your house against the Bengals.

My biggest worry is Maxx Crosby, so hopefully they give him the TJ Watt treatment and chip, double team, and scheme away from him all night.

• Like 1

3 thoughts from the game:

1.  Any time you go -3 in TO's (I count 4th down failed attempts as TO's - same result, ball changes hands, no loss in field position with punting), it's a <10 percent win probability.

2. Herbert is just a magician.  Plain and simple

3. Long-term, the Chargers need to address 2 key areas - D-line interior disruption / run anchor (Georgia's Jordan Davis at 1.17, Telesco!) & RT (Max Crosby gets a game ball for sure).   That will help their units achieve a more complete status.  But make no mistake, their path to legitimate sustained contention is already here.  But shoring up RT and the run D with a real interior DL disruptor, it's what is needed.   Hopefully for LAC fans GM Telesco sees that.

As for LV, nothing but respect for their run.   And Max Crosby & Josh Jacobs & Daniel Carlson, game balls.  What an epic game.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

You should probably be a little worried that you held Burrow to his lowest totals of the season and still lost by 19 in your house against the Bengals.

My biggest worry is Maxx Crosby, so hopefully they give him the TJ Watt treatment and chip, double team, and scheme away from him all night.

The score wasn't very reflective of how the game actually played out. Two late turnovers turned it from a 16-13 game to a 32-13 game.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The score wasn't very reflective of how the game actually played out. Two late turnovers turned it from a 16-13 game to a 32-13 game.

To be fair, when a team goes -3 in TO game, they lose >90 percent of time (I count 4th down stops as TO's - same result, change in possession with no loss in field position).   The Chargers' muffed punt, 3rd and 23 / DPI sequence and the failed 4th and 1 cost LAC 17 pts.      In a TO neutral game, it's probably the Chargers that win that (but that's also why you play the game, and nothing but credit to LV, they did play the better game, just Herbert is THAT magical).

All of which to say - LV's key to winning next week is to force Burrow TO's, and have the O and Carr play a clean game like last night (Bosa's strip sack notwithstanding). 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

3 thoughts from the game:

1.  Any time you go -3 in TO's (I count 4th down failed attempts as TO's - same result, ball changes hands, no loss in field position with punting), it's a <10 percent win probability.

2. Herbert is just a magician.  Plain and simple

3. Long-term, the Chargers need to address 2 key areas - D-line interior disruption / run anchor (Georgia's Jordan Davis at 1.17, Telesco!) & RT (Max Crosby gets a game ball for sure).   That will help their units achieve a more complete status.  But make no mistake, their path to legitimate sustained contention is already here.  But shoring up RT and the run D with a real interior DL disruptor, it's what is needed.   Hopefully for LAC fans GM Telesco sees that.

As for LV, nothing but respect for their run.   And Max Crosby & Josh Jacobs & Daniel Carlson, game balls.  What an epic game.

We also need a better CB in FA or the draft. A slot and a boundary guy.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Herbert can not compete with DC, he just isn't on that level. Davis Mills is his arch enemy.

I'm swapping Carr for Herbert in a millisecond lol. The beaking rivals is fun and all but don't go being total toxic and irrational. 

I personally agree the better team talent wise lost. However the Raiders showed more heart. Going all in for Madden baby.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm swapping Carr for Herbert in a millisecond lol. The beaking rivals is fun and all but don't go being total toxic and irrational. 

I personally agree the better team talent wise lost. However the Raiders showed more heart. Going all in for Madden baby.

You think the players care about Madden? Lol

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think the Raiders cared more about avenging the first loss than Madden.