SNF: Chargers (9-7) @ Raiders (9-7) - Win and you're in

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raiders
    • Chargers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2022 at 02:00 AM

Derek Carr deserves some sort of award for his perseverance this year. Bisaccia too. This game should be ridiculously fun, we haven't had many high-stakes Chargers vs Raiders games lately. I think it'll be a shootout, with Herbert getting his first 400 yard game en route to a 38-28 victory.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Isn't it the case where if they tie, they both make the playoffs?

It wouldn't be fun to watch, but the idea of some sort of truce where both teams agree to kneel the ball every play to end in a 0-0 tie is very funny.

I thought so. And if that is the case, unless there's some rule somewhere that says you can't, I don't know why you wouldn't. Ensure you get into the playoffs with no extra wear and tear. The goal isn't to win that game, it's to win the Super Bowl. Both teams would be stupid to not make that deal.

I just checked, looks like Jags need to beat the Colts as well. That's an early game so LA/NV would know before kickoff. Also, "Even as overwhelming favorites against the NFL’s worst team at 2-14, it should be noted the Colts haven’t won at TIAA Bank Field since 2014 and are 3-8 in their last 11 trips to Jacksonville." Source

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Isn't it the case where if they tie, they both make the playoffs?

It wouldn't be fun to watch, but the idea of some sort of truce where both teams agree to kneel the ball every play to end in a 0-0 tie is very funny.

Only if Jax beats Indy.   

16 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I thought so. And if that is the case, unless there's some rule somewhere that says you can't, I don't know why you wouldn't. Ensure you get into the playoffs with no extra wear and tear. The goal isn't to win that game, it's to win the Super Bowl. Both teams would be stupid to not make that deal.

By far the biggest issue with this strategy is that you would have to have a LOTTTT of trust in the other team's coach to do this for 4 quarters.

• Like 1

It would be super cool if they played to a tie, but I'd prefer the NBA version with "no defense played"
Each team gets 10 drives, they score on each, successfully go for two and we end up with an 88-88 final score

Also noted: Chargers are going to be playing the ghost of John Madden on Sunday night, that's a really tough one to overcome.

• Like 1