Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

On 1/17/2022 at 2:36 PM, gopackgo972 said:

Brandt thinks Jimmy G is playing at a high level? Interesting. 

just using the eye test, if Jimmy feels an ounce of pressure he has a panic attack and makes a mistake. He threw a bad pass for a loss under pressure and a BAD int last night. I mean that INT came at the absolute worst time. 

take a look at EPA for QBs 

https://rbsdm.com/stats/stats/

Jimmy G is in elite company. i don't think he's an elite QB, but in that offense, with those weapons and Shanahan's playcalling, his performance this season in EPA was similar to Brady, Allen, Mahomes. i know it sounds crazy, but again i think that speaks to how good of a team they have around Jimmy G and the type of high level coaching they possess. Mike McDaniel, the OC for the Niners is a very bright football mind, some say he's the best in the NFL at scheming the running game

everyone in this forum probably thinks i'm a Niners fan given my last few posts here

i actually hate them. i live in Cali and i'm surrounded by their awful fanbase.

love the Packers more than anything, and i'm genuinely freaking terrified about this game. it's not just that my family and friends will give me hell, it's that Rodgers might leave and GB's relevance finally runs out. 

I need this ******* Super Bowl so bad man

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, persiandud said:

take a look at EPA for QBs 

https://rbsdm.com/stats/stats/

Jimmy G is in elite company. i don't think he's an elite QB, but in that offense, with those weapons and Shanahan's playcalling, his performance this season in EPA was similar to Brady, Allen, Mahomes. i know it sounds crazy, but again i think that speaks to how good of a team they have around Jimmy G and the type of high level coaching they possess. Mike McDaniel, the OC for the Niners is a very bright football mind, some say he's the best in the NFL at scheming the running game

b92c22764ed4054fedf3403988b9ba3c.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm not a nerd but isn't this all dependent on how often he actually catches a pass. Like if he only catches one every 5 pass attempts by the team, that's worse than 5 runs. Am I doing this right?

yeah, the real apples-to-apples would simply be yards per route compared to yards per non-route.

Can't even really use numbers from alignments because he gets rushing yards (end-arounds) when lined up in slot as well. So I'm not sure of a good way to actually figure it out.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

yeah, the real apples-to-apples would simply be yards per route compared to yards per non-route.

Can't even really use numbers from alignments because he gets rushing yards (end-arounds) when lined up in slot as well. So I'm not sure of a good way to actually figure it out.

All I know is that I'm right and Ray is stupid

@Packerraymond

Edited by Norm

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

One thing to note:

We had the 4th best RZ defense at home (47%) and the third worst on the road (75%).

okay, feeling better. freaking out less. (still freaking out) 

Robbie Gould is also automatic which is really annoying 

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  Matt LaFleur emphasizes starting fast. Was a focus going into the Lions game and they scored on their opening drive (before going into "get Davante the record" mode). Wonder if it will change how the Packers handle the coin toss.

yes, i think this is huge. we NEED to get out in front early and put the pressure on them. if we build up enough of a lead and get them in a negative game script, they'll have to rely on Jimmy G and i'm good with that. but if the game continues to be close or they get a lead, their running game is going to grate us to death.

i wish i had more confidence in our defense, but we're still a soft team man. inshallah they play PISSED OFF. lafleur needs to light a fire under their ***. joe barry needs to be on his A game. defenders have to be disciplined in their gap assignments because this running game they have is going to test the **** out of us.  

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Shanahan runs a consistent offense:

Pass Attempts by distance and direction:

Short Left: 135

Short Right: 135

Short Middle: 134

Deep Left: 23

Deep Right: 24

Deep Middle: 25

lol, it's bonkers

What in the **** lol that's insane

They have to do this **** on purpose. You can't just do this on accident