Brian Flores has been fired...

TheKillerNacho

Just like most I’m pretty bummed about this but to be honest we did have a 1-7 start, and I know that the roster was lacking across the board in 2019 but we had an 0-7 start in 2019, also Flores never beat the Bills and not only that but there was a few embarrassing games against Buffalo, it’s great that he beat the Pats but really he got very lucky this year in week 1 and we’re on our way to lose that game, having bad starts is not a sustainable way to play football, even in 2020 we were 0-2 then 1-3 before we went on a win streak, then we lost no the Bills in week 17 and  missed the playoffs. Not to mention, and this o-line has been horrible since Sporano and even before that but this might be the worst it’s ever been, starting over every year with new offensive coordinators and then what he did this year with the 2 OC’s thing was just kinda dumb. Also he hired the Pats WR coach to be the OC in 2019, I know Julian Edelman is good but name another WR the pats have successfully developed in idk, the past 10 years if not longer?  I will give Flores credit fo wanting Herbert, for getting the absolute most out of every player, especially on the defense, for a great defense who, if they could have gotten some rest throughout games would be even better. Like I said I wish hadn’t fired Flores as well but when you break it down and look at the numbers and patterns he only really had one decent year, every offseason we were scrambling to find new OC’s and this past offseason it didn’t seem like they even tried to hire someone to be excited about, and result was us being 1-7, the o-line being horrible, no run game, I’ve been saying it this whole time, the reason Tua was good at Alabama was because he had a great run game an elite o-line and he had great WR’s and an elite defense and we had those two things but they could never put together the other two. Also I wish we would have just drafted Herbert and kept Tunsil and then we wouldn’t have had to draft Austin Jackson 🤮in the first round🤮🤮🤮🤮👌

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I'll include the Flo lawsuit discussion in here because I'm too lazy to make a new thread.

We're all secretly hoping that the NFL forces Ross to sell the team, right?  I sure as heck know that I am.

I'm not a fan of him being forced to because I think that would take this down a long and painful road for Phins fans, but I do hope he sells on his on volition. 

1 hour ago, Phinsesq said:

If the allegations are true I hope he is forced to sell, if they are not, I hope he chooses to sell. 

He's 80 years old, even if he doesn't choose to sell soon i don't think he'll be here for much longer as grim as this sounds. The thing is Ross' right hand man is going to buy the team when that happens, so not sure there's going to be much change with how the organization is run as he's going to be another absentee owner. Hopefully there is significant change.

Ross is 3rd or 4th oldest owner in the league and the only older one who is still involved in the day-to-day operations of their team is Mike Brown. I assume at some point he's not going to want to be involved anymore and Beal is going to take over as the face of ownership.

34 minutes ago, Emerica said:

He's 80 years old, even if he doesn't choose to sell soon i don't think he'll be here for much longer as grim as this sounds. The thing is Ross' right hand man is going to buy the team when that happens, so not sure there's going to be much change with how the organization is run as he's going to be another absentee owner. Hopefully there is significant change.

Ross is 3rd or 4th oldest owner in the league and the only older one who is still involved in the day-to-day operations of their team is Mike Brown. I assume at some point he's not going to want to be involved anymore and Beal is going to take over as the face of ownership.

Beal I think has the contractual right to buy the team. If he is going to be more involved in the day to day I am all for it. I am hoping for a change of ownership and an owner who is involved but I have to be careful what I wish for…. Not looking for Jerry Jones level of involvement 

• Like 1