A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

24 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I actually think Caldwell would be a great hire for Chicago. I think he'd get the most out of Fields.

I think Fields is far too raw for Caldwell. I wouldn’t trust him around a young QB. Seems he’s gotten the most out of more veteran QBs, but I wouldn’t trust his track record in terms of developing “young QBs”.

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I imagine the reaction to Gannon would be…less than enthusiastic. 

I know nothing about him. 

Outside of remembering him behind a DB coach for the Vikings me either. Wonder how much, If any he helped X-Rhodes develop?

Rhodes also ended up heading to the Colts where Gannon was also the DB coach.

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I imagine the reaction to Gannon would be…less than enthusiastic. 

I know nothing about him. 

I would be absolutely fine with him.  He did help out Jerry Gray for 4 years and helped develop Rhodes and Waynes...He left before Gray did, and I can't imagine it's just a pure coincidence that Xavier wasn't the same in Gray's last couple of years...it might have had something to do with Gannon leaving...because ironically, once Rhodes went to the Colts (where Gannon was the DBs coach), he resurrected his career.

11 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m ok with that. 

If Poles chooses Chicago, his decision making skills become highly questionable. 

Plus, I want Kwesi. 

I was going to just say that he has the right to leave too...what would they do, lock him in until agrees to sign the contract?  It would be in his interest to listen to both proposals and then choose.  He loses any leverage if they refuse to let him leave.  

I don't care either way...I really like what I've heard about Poles, but do agree, if he chooses Chicago without even going to MN, then I'd question his decision-making.  I'd have to imagine he's well aware of how the organizations are run, just being around the NFL for as long as he has been now.

28 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I was going to just say that he has the right to leave too...what would they do, lock him in until agrees to sign the contract?  It would be in his interest to listen to both proposals and then choose.  He loses any leverage if they refuse to let him leave.  

I don't care either way...I really like what I've heard about Poles, but do agree, if he chooses Chicago without even going to MN, then I'd question his decision-making.  I'd have to imagine he's well aware of how the organizations are run, just being around the NFL for as long as he has been now.

Just like free agent players, they may travel to the first team on their own list as well. Maybe he prefers Chicago initially (likes Fields long term)

anything possible really