Mass Effect Mafia - GAME OVER! The Reapers are defeated!

Whicker

The unfortunate thing is, not all of you voting for Wolf can be mafia.

Maybe I am getting too fixated on him having the same ability as me. However, if he is telling the truth, which I tend to believe, he has a higher probability of being useful tonight than I do, unless he is lynched.

20 minutes ago, Tugboat said:
4 hours ago, Raves said:

So you know he has 4+ points or that he had 4+ moves?  Because if you give a point, upgrade 2 abilities, and use 2 abilities, that's 5 right there.  If giving a point is actually an action which I think it is based on my ability, depending on level and ability obviously.

Giving points is an ability?

That seems suspect to me...

Sorry, I meant move.  It would be listed as a Move.

44 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

regardless.. unless people come out and say "I am town, and I gave Wolf an upgrade point", I'm going to assume he got them via scum gifts, or scum mechanics that diverted to him

From the standpoint that only Forge has come out and said he gave him a point, and others claiming to not have, either someone is being purposefully dishonest (in a mafia game, shocker) or no one wants to claim it on the chance he flips mafia.

I am going to try to start the trend for claiming upgrade points given out. I gave my upgrade point to TK3 last night.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

From the standpoint that only Forge has come out and said he gave him a point, and others claiming to not have, either someone is being purposefully dishonest (in a mafia game, shocker) or no one wants to claim it on the chance he flips mafia.

I am going to try to start the trend for claiming upgrade points given out. I gave my upgrade point to TK3 last night.

I gave mine to Gopher since I've seen him be inactive in D1 and D2 as town before before coming out and demolishing people with what he read while lurking, plus I didn't feel comfortable with anyone.  I have now gotten a good idea of who I think is town for me to give points to.

Nothing to say on him and I sharing an ability?

Whicker’s games are typically extremely balanced and while in some cases there are comparable roles, I’d say it’s more likely someone smarter than him (in terms of conniving scum play and experience and not intelligence) found your role as someone who came across as the most towny and then claimed it for this reason.

Just now, Raves said:

I gave mine to Gopher since I've seen him be inactive in D1 and D2 as town before before coming out and demolishing people with what he read while lurking, plus I didn't feel comfortable with anyone.  I have now gotten a good idea of who I think is town for me to give points to.

Snl What Is Wrong With You GIF by Saturday Night Live

Raves

Just now, MWil23 said:

Any benefit of the doubt went out the window when he messed up his claim @Slappy Mc.

I am still failing to see where he messed up his claim. Was the character he claimed not in Mass Effect? Does the claim not fit the abilities? From what (I believe) Raves said, the ability fits the character. There is/was doubt about whether or not he is the character he claimed, but his claim based on his role ability mirroring mine.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Whicker’s games are typically extremely balanced and while in some cases there are comparable roles, I’d say it’s more likely someone smarter than him (in terms of conniving scum play and experience and not intelligence) found your role as someone who came across as the most towny and then claimed it for this reason.

I did not disclose my role/ability at all. He claimed the ability name that is exactly like mine. If someone in the scum chat was directing him, they would know I was towny.

I am still failing to see where he messed up his claim. Was the character he claimed not in Mass Effect? Does the claim not fit the abilities? From what (I believe) Raves said, the ability fits the character. There is/was doubt about whether or not he is the character he claimed, but his claim based on his role ability mirroring mine.

He posted a gif of a different character, Liara with his initial claim...that doesn't match his EDI claim.

Whether that's just an honest mistake, or a scum slip up...that's the part i'm having a harder time judging.  But on top of the other stuff that's a bit of a challenge to reconcile (same ability as someone else who was "blocked", random accumulation of extra upgrade points that can't really be explained), it's a suspect look imo.