Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

There's a dramatic difference between calling teams to trade for "one of their top receivers" versus calling to "try and trade for a top receiver." The latter makes it sound like we're going for a DK or Deebo, a top WR in the league. The former just means a receiver higher up in someone's depth chart. That could still be like, Shenault.

Id be cool with Brandin Cooks

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Texans have been playing smart lately, wonder what theyre asking for

I don’t think Cooks brings us something we don’t have, other than depth at WR.  MVS is best at the same routes Cooks excels at.  I don’t have a great answer for a different style of WR, I liked the idea of what Reid could make out of Shenault, but I have to assume he would be considerably more expensive than a Cooks.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I don’t think Cooks brings us something we don’t have, other than depth at WR.  MVS is best at the same routes Cooks excels at.  I don’t have a great answer for a different style of WR, I liked the idea of what Reid could make out of Shenault, but I have to assume he would be considerably more expensive than a Cooks.

I think Cooks would do better at the Z spot than MVS, and three speedsters is better than two

i think its just a lot of smoke, like the Jets the other day

12 hours ago, Bullyball said:

If we can't get Williams in the first, I would target Pickens in the 2nd. He has size and speed and would give us another bigger receiver with some speed.

There’s a number of big receivers that fit the bill in this draft, Pickens, Watson, Pierce. But remember that’s not what we lost, and MVS is 6’4”.  He’s also the only WR we currently have under contract being this season.  Note I have no issue with any of these guys, but guess like Metchie, Moore and Robinson also deserve a look as fast twitch type guys.

Edited by EMAW_KSU
“I feel the need, the need for speed!”

11 hours ago, Bullyball said:

If we can't get Williams in the first, I would target Pickens in the 2nd. He has size and speed and would give us another bigger receiver with some speed.

I am not a fan of Pickens that high. If Burks gets to #50, then yes. Otherwise wait. At this point in the draft, no rookie WR will play a lot at first, so get a project with upside.

Also, big WR with speed fits Juju. 

3 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

There’s a number of big receivers that fit the bill in this draft, Pickens, Watson, Pierce.

Exactly. Big receivers with speed, maybe not, but we have three burners now--Hardman, MVS, Coleman.

I have a couple of questions. First, why the wide divergence of opinion on David Bell? i have seen him ranked from early 2nd to third day.

What is the opinion of Skyy Moore? He's short, very raw, and played for Western Michigan. On the plus side he is the most elusive WR in the draft. He'd be a very different slot receiver from Hill, but possibly quite good. he ought to be there at #50.

J

27 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I am not a fan of Pickens that high. If Burks gets to #50, then yes. Otherwise wait. At this point in the draft, no rookie WR will play a lot at first, so get a project with upside.

Also, big WR with speed fits Juju. 

Exactly. Big receivers with speed, maybe not, but we have three burners now--Hardman, MVS, Coleman.

I have a couple of questions. First, why the wide divergence of opinion on David Bell? i have seen him ranked from early 2nd to third day.

What is the opinion of Skyy Moore? He's short, very raw, and played for Western Michigan. On the plus side he is the most elusive WR in the draft. He'd be a very different slot receiver from Hill, but possibly quite good. he ought to be there at #50.

J

It's likely that his biggest question was how athletic is he..  and his testing actually made it look worse.   

I still really like him at the bottom of Round 2,    but he definitely isn't the most athletic WR.    I still think he can be a Tyler Boyd level WR.

3 minutes ago, RedGold said:

It's likely that his biggest question was how athletic is he..  and his testing actually made it look worse.   

I still really like him at the bottom of Round 2,    but he definitely isn't the most athletic WR.    I still think he can be a Tyler Boyd level WR.

I'll assume you are talking about David Bell. Numbers like that make 4th round rankings much more understandable.

Any comment on Skyy Moore? He did not return kicks in college, but his elusiveness makes it a natural option. Anytime a player far exceeds the competition it's worthy of notice.

J

Weird thing that some bigger name free agents remain unsigned like Mathieu or Ingram. Wonder if they are on hold until the draft is done. Bad thing for the Chiefs: 2 May, thus just a couple of days after the draft is the deadline to be awarded comp picks.

Edited by KC_Guy

13 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I had to go back and re-watch some tape to see why I wasn’t higher on him.  And here’sa couple of my thoughts.

1. I don’t think he’s the most elusive WR in the draft, I think some of it is you have to look at his level of competition also.  In fact, while he certainly finds ways to get open I’d like to have seen him create more space.

2. I want him to be quicker or bigger, at times he reminds me of Dante Hall just enough, but without that quick twitch.  He’s not afraid to go for the ball, which I like but at some level size does matter.

3.All that being said, I like the kid, but I’d be more in the end of round 2 or preferably round 3 camp, and I’ve seen Mocks with him going anywhere from 1-4…

On 4/1/2022 at 11:36 AM, onejayhawk said:

I'll assume you are talking about David Bell. Numbers like that make 4th round rankings much more understandable.

Any comment on Skyy Moore? He did not return kicks in college, but his elusiveness makes it a natural option. Anytime a player far exceeds the competition it's worthy of notice.

J

Yea David Bell, my bad bolded it but forgot to mention it.

I’m probably not the best on a Skyy Moore opinion,  only viewed him a couple times and wasn’t that impressed.    I think he has some skills to do returning, but it is odd he never did it in college.  He wasn’t always the best guy on that offense, and you’d think they’d want to get him on the field when he wasn’t 

I don’t even have Sky Moore on my draft board tbh. I don’t remember seeing anything special on his tape. Initial scouting made me think that he’s a career special teamer that fills that final depth chart slot.

I’d have to give another look before committing to that opinion though.