2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

@KingOfNewYork

What draft scenario do you like better since you’re pro Davis at 10?

Lets say we draft DE at 4 (Thibs or Walker) in both scenarios.

We’re on the board at 10 and no DTs or WRs have been drafted. So we can choose who we want.

Do you like the scenario of drafting Davis at DT and then getting the tier down in Olave or Dotson in Round 2 at WR

or

Or the scenario of us drafting Burks or Wilson at 10 and then drafting a tier down DT like Winfrey, Wyatt or Leal

Obvioisly both scenarios are nice. I just think this points out more so to what I was saying yesterday. That I’d rather get the elite starter in the WR at the top of the draft and if we’re getting a rotational guy at DT, make that the 2nd rounder. I also like that depth at DT in Round 2 better than the depth at WR. Olave could easily go end of Round 1 and we are only left with Dotson worth a pick in that area. Where I can’t see all 3 of Winfrey, Wyatt and Leal all gone by then.

Yeah I can scenario 2 being more feasible since we wouldn’t be drafting a 3 down DT. You get the best WR on your board(maybe 2nd since Atlanta will clearly go WR) and you grab your 1T in the 2nd who can plug into that role and develop the rest of his skills as the year goes on. Travis Jones is the kid I have my eye on there if he sneaks out the first round.

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah I can scenario 2 being more feasible since we wouldn’t be drafting a 3 down DT. You get the best WR on your board(maybe 2nd since Atlanta will clearly go WR) and you grab your 1T in the 2nd who can plug into that role and develop the rest of his skills as the year goes on. Travis Jones is the kid I have my eye on there if he sneaks out the first round.

Actually now that I’m thinking about it… if we didn’t choose WR at 10, I’d actually put the most money on us choosing Watson in Round 2. I forgot about him.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Actually now that I’m thinking about it… if we didn’t choose WR at 10, I’d actually put the most money on us choosing Watson in Round 2. I forgot about him.

If Cine wasn't a projected SS we could take 3 Bulldogs to start the draft...

4 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

If Cine wasn't a projected SS we could take 3 Bulldogs to start the draft...

Also can’t see us using 3 picks in a row on defense. At least 1 would be offense IMO.

After FA though I’m pretty sold that 4 will be a DE. Just not sure who. 

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

What about Verone McKinley?

I haven't reached to that.   I understand Mel Kiper or whoever had him included top 5 S last month.

I am about to check out Nick Cross out of Maryland.

Edited by JetsandI

50 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t think we go DT at 10 considering the type of DT we currently lack. If we needed a 3T then I could see it happening but we need a 1T run stuffing monster and I think we can find that a bit later. But I do think Douglas and Saleh will be intrigued by Davis, most are. So I’m not ruling out the possibility. 

JFM will rotate between EDGE and IDL. I can’t see our full time DTs being him and Q especially on running downs, we need that space eater.

4. EDGE

10. WR/DT/?C?/Trade Back

Yeah I’m sure we will work out the ‘run stuffing’ DT as using a premium pick in that type of player seems to go against JD’s philosophy. We would of just resigned Foley if that was the case. 

Im hoping we can get KT at #4 and give the defense the special pass rusher we’ve lacked since forever really.