2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

44 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I hope that’s right. I mean we just saw us sign a guy that can be the #1, Hall is a good #2 and we have 2 guys in MC2 and Guidry that are good in the slot. And a guy like Echols is a good depth CB that if someone gets injured, you don’t feel awful about him starting. I mean we draft Sauce… he’s our 4th CB. What a wasted pick that is. Unless he just blew away the staff in camp and somehow beat out Reed and Hall. Which is unlikely bc of their experience.

Yup. We have a good foundation at Corner, we need that pass rush to elevate or it’s going to be a long year for the defense. Again. 

And then the offense has to either control the clock or score more points than necessary. Or both.

I honestly prefer just giving up 10 than doing both 2nds. I think especially if we feel if we weren’t making a trade that we’d be drafting a WR at 10… how that WRs odds are against them that her every be DK good. So you lose a very valuable pick. But get a very valuable PROVEN player. And still can get 2 good players in Round 2.

• Like 1

I'm a little high, so I'll circle back around. 

Man, we could possibly go into next season with a star WR, Moore, Davis, Berrios, CJ, Conklin, and Carter as weapons with an improved oline. That's going to be a tough group to stop, especially if everyone continues to improve. We can possibly come away with a C and RT for development. I'm willing to bet we finish the season top-15 in ppg. 

Was just thinking that I highly doubt SEA will trade with us period after the Adams deal. But even if they were listening to us... would they be able to swallow their pride to trade DK for the 10th pick? Remember that pick was there's So pretty much that would mean we traded them Adams for AVT and DK when it's all said and done. That'd be a tough pill to swallow as a fan base and even FO. Strictly for pride they'd probably want more like both our 2nds for him.

I think you guys are crazy not wanting to draft Gardner. Heck I would go with Gardner or Stingley. This league is pass happy and you need at least 3 good CB to be able to defend it. A.J, and Hall can be 2 but you need 1 more. Those young CB we got are not CB 3 or better. These guys are your CB 4, and 5. I have said it from day 1. You get either Hutch/KT and Gardner/Stingley. I think Willis is going top 3. Teams love this kid. I also would like to add that one of the OL guys will be top 3 leaving KT or Hutch to us at 4. The only place I'm scared is one of Gardner or Stingley being there at 10. If both are gone you might have to go with Hamilton. 

48 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think you guys are crazy not wanting to draft Gardner. Heck I would go with Gardner or Stingley. This league is pass happy and you need at least 3 good CB to be able to defend it. A.J, and Hall can be 2 but you need 1 more. Those young CB we got are not CB 3 or better. These guys are your CB 4, and 5. I have said it from day 1. You get either Hutch/KT and Gardner/Stingley. I think Willis is going top 3. Teams love this kid. I also would like to add that one of the OL guys will be top 3 leaving KT or Hutch to us at 4. The only place I'm scared is one of Gardner or Stingley being there at 10. If both are gone you might have to go with Hamilton. 

Reed and Hall are outside CBs. They're proven and good. You don't move the proven players for a rookie. Gardner cant play the slot. So yes he'd be our 4th CB. And that's why you don't draft him at 4 or 10. That would be poor use or our assets.

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Reed and Hall are outside CBs. They're proven and good. You don't move the proven players for a rookie. Gardner cant play the slot. So yes he'd be our 4th CB. And that's why you don't draft him at 4 or 10. That would be poor use or our assets.

I think Reed is a slot guy. I know he plays outside but I think he is a slot guy for us. I think you will have Gardner, Hall on the outside and Reed in the slot.