2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

The issue for us now and as a fan base is what we “want to do” has been made public. We wanted to trade for Ridley and couldn’t. We tried to trade for Hill and he chose MIA. We now have “interest” in wanting to trade for 1 of DK, Brown or Deebo. If we fail at trading for one. The fan base isn’t going to be happy. Throw on top of that if we don’t draft a guy at 10 at WR after all these rumors all offseason (and not just rumors, they’ve been confirmed). And wait and draft a WR in Round2. It will seem we failed big time at WR this off-season. Bc of how high the fan bases hopes got over star WRs.

So just make it easy and trade for DK and call it a day. 😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think Reed is a slot guy. I know he plays outside but I think he is a slot guy for us. I think you will have Gardner, Hall on the outside and Reed in the slot. 

Reed plays like he’s 6’3” 210lbs and has PROVEN he can stop even big bodied WRs. He’s staying outside.

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think Reed is a slot guy. I know he plays outside but I think he is a slot guy for us. I think you will have Gardner, Hall on the outside and Reed in the slot. 

Why would they change what hes proven to be good at?  And already have a solid slot with MC2

2 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Why would they change what hes proven to be good at?  And already have a solid slot with MC2

Exactly, makes no sense. Especially after the Press conference today. Him saying Tomlinson will play LG and AVT is moving shows he values the proven player over the young player. You don't move a guy that was just a top 10 CB in the NFL on the outside to the slot bc you "want to" draft Sauce. That's idiotic.

Fact is.... CB isn't a need for us at all at the top of the draft. It'd be a huge waste of assets to spend any of our top 4 picks on a CB. 

With the lack of pass rush we have, and Lawson's injury, I wouldn't be mad if we took Thibs at 4 and then another rusher with one of our high picks.  Karlaftis/JJ again at 10 might be a bit much, but someone like Ebikete with one of our 2nd rounders if he lasts to that spot.  

11 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

i say just trade a second or third  for lockett instead of going nuts on metcalf

Lockett's about to be 30... no thank you. DK is still only 24 for the whole season pretty much. It's a no brainer on who you trade for out of the 2. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Lockett's about to be 30... no thank you. DK is still only 24 for the whole season pretty much. It's a no brainer on who you trade for out of the 2. 

if you want to judge wilson, you bring in a consistent guy who has 1000 yards for 4 seasons in a row.  one thing Joe D and the former eagles scouting department have showed is they generally suck at scouting WR .  Obviously Metcalf is the better player but unless we're giving up the ten pick, they aren't gonna move him as they can franchise him and offer him huge money without a QB taking up 30-40 million of their cap anymore