2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Coaching staffs gave on him.   That is an issue right now.  Not sure if Jets go ahead and take another LT in 1st round or eye for RT in non 1st round.   Signing Moses back to be permanent RT may not be out of question. 

I’m kind of going by JD’s statement that Becton has to work this offseason and prove it to the coaches. I am sure they will stay in contact with Becton in some form that does not violate the CBA.  They will not announce that to the world so we will only be able to speculate based on FA and the draft.  Making a mock draft this year without knowing Becton’s situation will be ugly.

If JD feels we need to address OT, I expect it to be in round 1. Fant only has one year left and drafting a RT to take over LT in 2023 is a wise direction.  If they feel Becton can play up to standard, the I would expect him to man RT and take over for Fant in 2023.

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

That’s definitely a possibility, but I don’t think this coaching staff is very high on him. He didn’t “rule out” drafting an OT. I think they have legit character concerns about him 

Could be, but unlike Mims, he was our starting LT. That could also be because of lack of anything else but the coaches had a problem with him, I don’t think he would be starting. 

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

I’m kind of going by JD’s statement that Becton has to work this offseason and prove it to the coaches. I am sure they will stay in contact with Becton in some form that does not violate the CBA.  They will not announce that to the world so we will only be able to speculate based on FA and the draft.  Making a mock draft this year without knowing Becton’s situation will be ugly.

If JD feels we need to address OT, I expect it to be in round 1. Fant only has one year left and drafting a RT to take over LT in 2023 is a wise direction.  If they feel Becton can play up to standard, the I would expect him to man RT and take over for Fant in 2023.

Yeah.. That is what I expect from Jets.  Becton probably needs to show a voluntary camp for weight and conditioning before they make a potential draft plan.

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.. That is what I expect from Jets.  Becton probably needs to show a voluntary camp for weight and conditioning before they make a potential draft plan.

Therein lies the problem. I believe OTA’s start after the draft. I am sure they will get medical and training updates prior, but he may be a question mark leading up to the draft. JD has himself quite the conundrum. 

Just now, xrade said:

Therein lies the problem. I believe OTA’s start after the draft. I am sure they will get medical and training updates prior, but he may be a question mark leading up to the draft. JD has himself quite the conundrum. 

voluntary camp (3 days) prior to Draft.   OTA (10 days) is after draft.  I believe

I was not happy with Becton pick because I wanted Wirf. I'm never a fan of these huge guys because they lead to a lot of injuries and when they are injured and don't move as much the pounds add on fast. You might as well keep Becton on the team with the rookie deal but signing Moses is very important to me. We are not hitting a good T on FA. Moses might come back because he knows he has a starting spot for a while and might be the next LT if Fant leaves after next year. I would hate to use a 1st round pick on a T AGAIN!!!!!

I'm still hoping in the draft a team trades with us to move up for a QB. Too many teams need a QB and one will go pretty high like top 5.

18 hours ago, xrade said:

That whole Becton thing is a major FED FLAG

Yet another first round pick that won’t be on the team after a rookie contract. I hated the Becton pick too with Wirfs sitting there. Douglas did much better so far in 2021 but his first draft was absolutely abysmal. Becton doesn’t want it. Odds of him working out here are very slim to none at this point. That dude isn’t putting the work in.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Yet another first round pick that won’t be on the team after a rookie contract. I hated the Becton pick too with Wirfs sitting there. Douglas did much better so far in 2021 but his first draft was absolutely abysmal. Becton doesn’t want it. Odds of him working out here are very slim to none at this point. That dude isn’t putting the work in.

There are only 3 letters that perfectly describe this Becton ****show - SOJ.