2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

10 hours ago, Abe56 said:

More versatile and the two best attributes I look for in a modern WR prospect are route running and separation and I just think Wilson does that better than any body else in the class.

I will admit, I think Williams has the best ability to take the top off a defense in the class and thats also great but on a down to down basis I just think Wilson is more effective.

Real good follow on twitter is reception perception, made some charts on all the top wrs in the class

Can see how many more routes Wilson wins on than Williams

97dafafe-0753-440d-9a3e-50e5da407238.jped6c61beb-e0ce-47aa-b5bd-d3496e939c99.jpe

Can we see Elijiah Moore's? From college.

Jets receiver Denzel Mims taps trainer to get 'bigger, leaner' (nypost.com)

Very promising for Mims.  I think it will all come down to his attitude.  But this makes me feel more confident in him.  

Two years ago I lost almost 10 lbs when I was sick and I was not the same physically or mentally for a few weeks.  Maybe that 20 lbs loss from food poisoning was hard on him and then he was too far behind? IDK trying to be positive.  If the staff thinks he will have a bigger role this season then I switch over to Williams 100% because we wouldn't need to rely on him.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Gross. I hate that trade down and end up with a WR that can't separate and is in the Mathews, Benjamin mode where he now can't get open so you move him to TE and most WR turning to TE are terrible. If you are moving down 5 spots I want something more than a 51 pick ans some other BS pick. I would rather stay at 10 and get a real WR. I'm also not a fan of Jones or Hill with those two high second round picks. Your going to have some great guys fall in the second round. I for one see a good Edge falling or OL guy falling. I see Penning falling which would be a great pick. I see the George K falling with all the edge guys going fast. Dean, Llyod and Muma for LB would be a good get and one if those guys will be there. Heck I think a Oliva might fall into the secoind round too. 

Going from 10 to 15 equals 250 pts.  Pick 51 alone is 390.  Getting that 2023 TRP is just icing on the cake.  So the trade is in our favor.  I made my feelings known about London - not a fan in the first round.  However, we have no idea who was picked before him in this guys mock.  Regardless, I'd rather wait until round 2 if Wilson and Williams are gone.  Or trade back up into the first if there is a run on WR's late in the first.

Again, I have no idea who this guy had going where.  Jones and Hill are great value in round two regardless.  We need a DT and a S.  Do you really believe JD will pick another edge that high after getting Thibs?  We have Lawson, Huff, Martin and Thibs.  You can counter that at DT we picked up Thomas but he is just a rotational guy.  I think JD would jump at the chance to get Jones.  I cant argue the OT thing with you.  I think JD would go OT in round 2 as insurance and a Fant replacement.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Deebo, AJ and McLaurin all not at voluntary camp bc they want new contracts.

San Fran has $1.5M in cap space, Ten with $1.7M, and WAS with $11M. Not sure how the first two swallow an extension like that right now but the Saints sure did work some cap magic so nothing is impossible...  

2 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

San Fran has $1.5M in cap space, Ten with $1.7M, and WAS with $11M. Not sure how the first two swallow an extension like that right now but the Saints sure did work some cap magic so nothing is impossible...  

SF can trade Jimmy still.

Teams can get creative they way the move the money in a contract.

Also most teams haven't made all their cuts.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

SF can trade Jimmy still.

Teams can get creative they way the move the money in a contract.

Also most teams haven't made all their cuts.

At the same time that doesn't include their draft class yet but agreed. They can probably make it happen at a cost.   

Walker fits the Baalke prototype, Pederson won a Super Bowl with a stout OL. They're going Walker or Ickey, maybe Hutchinson. 

Detroit wants Hutchinson, perfect fit for them in almost every aspect. If he goes 1 they pivot elsewhere(possibly Thibs, Walker) or another OL. 

Houston needs to build their OL. 

New York, Thibs is ideal as is Hutch. OL would be priority 2 at 4 if both are gone or a trade back for a team looking to jump Giants/Panthers/Falcons/Seahawks.