2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

Shultz is solid TE but he is borderline top ten and we are so desperate to upgrade that position that we are insanely overrating him. I am not throwing the bag at guy who put up yards in a top 3 offense and will come here and not be worth nearly what we are paying him. We get fooled by this every single year. Id take Njoku on a prove it deal over Shultz all day. Combined that with a day 2 rookie and that is more than enough. TE, like S and RB are still tertiary positions that you dont over draft or overpay. Just because we are getting out of Mosleys awful deal next year doesnt mean we should get ourselves into another one.  

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I like Edmunds too but I'd much rather get more of a ball hawking FS in Free Agency such as Marcus Williams.

And then look to draft one of either Lewis Cine of Georgia or Daxton Hill of Michigan @ SS (both are tackling machines) come the 2nd round.

Kyle Hamilton is the ESPN Media Hype Machine but I like both of these kids just as much (if not even more)

CB 1: Bryce Hall. 

CB 2: Brandin Echols.

Nickel: Michael Carter II.

FS: Marcus Williams.

SS: Daxton Hill/Lewis Cine. 

🔥S🏈E🔥C🏈O🔥N🏈🔥D🏈A🔥R🏈Y🔥

I have a problem with Hill and Cine's being availability in 2nd round because they are in legitimate contention for 1st round money.  Jaquan Brisker  and Jalen Pitre are also considered as 1st round options but they won't be there anyway.   Are you cool with either next thing S?

Give me Njoku > Shultz and had he played in that Dallas offense I don’t think it’d be particularly close. No position typically takes longer to development, so I’d be more inclined to go after unrealized potential (Njoku/Howard), than to throw money at someone who produced in a high volume offense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yeah I’d make a decent offer for Schultz but I have no idea why he’s being treated on here as some must have player. It’s moot anyway because we go through this every offseason. He’ll have options so he’s likely going somewhere else.

All Jets need is to find a workable TE.  I don't care what people think elite or not.

10 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Give me Njoku > Shultz and had he played in that Dallas offense I don’t think it’d be particularly close. No position typically takes longer to development, so I’d be more inclined to go after unrealized potential (Njoku/Howard), than to throw money at someone who produced in a high volume offense. 

Howard's foot or ankle may be one of a few reasons why he doesn't go downfield regularly. Another standout reason is Bruce Arians loves Howard as primary blocker.

Hopefully, we get him cheap with a potential high reward

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Agreed. Been mocking Njoku to us all off-season.

1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

If Thibs, Hutch, and Ekonwu all go in the top 3 and a trade down isnt available, I bet Douglas takes Travon Walker at 4. A lot of jets fans won't like it but I wouldn't be mad.

Personally, I expect Ikem and Evan to be taken in top 3 sandwiching whoever Edge Lions like.

Walker at #4 is too much.   10-15 range is ideal for him.