Week 9 GDT - Arizona Cardinals: The wait, who's suiting up for us again Edition

Forge

Just now, DirtyJersey9er said:

He was still without Gronk in that span and there were other injuries.  But there is more he showed in those 90 passes than you can say for any potential rookie.  Most of those prospects are balling against not-quite-NFL-yet level talent.  I like his release, field vision, and footwork.  All of which are better than we have seen at QB in a long time.  Doesn't matter what team you are playing on.  You still have to throw the ball and run the offense.  Look at the Packers without Rodgers now.

Also he led an offense of vets really well in those two games.  And if you are going to discredit him for playing in New England pre-trade then discredit every single CFB team for playing for winning programs and against inferior talent.

I didn't say anything about the college kids, nor would I be convinced that they are going to be any good either., so I'm not sure why you're bringing them up or arguing for one over the other.  I said I wasn't convinced that Jimmy G was any good.  He hasn't shown me nearly enough of anything that really suggests he's going to be a very good quarterback at this level...sample size is far too limited. Its the same risk as the college kid, except you're wagering 22 million dollars and second round pick as opposed to a first round pick and whatever guaranteed money you're paying the rookie quarterback. 

Archived