2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

How do you feel if you're Jalen Hurts right now?

FO tells you "you're our guy", then tries to trade for multiple QB's. When that doesn't work, they trade a pick this year for a pick in a "Better QB Draft Class" next year.

Obviously Jalen ain't it and we need a new franchise QB, but this can't be doing our 2022 QB's confidence any favors headed into the season. Coaching staff will do their best to butter him up once OTA's start, but he knows what's up. He knows he gone after this season.

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

FO tells you "you're our guy", then tries to trade for multiple QB's. When that doesn't work, they trade a pick this year for a pick in a "Better QB Draft Class" next year.

Obviously Jalen ain't it and we need a new franchise QB, but this can't be doing our 2022 QB's confidence any favors headed into the season. Coaching staff will do their best to butter him up once OTA's start, but he knows what's up. He knows he gone after this season.

If I'm Jalen Hurts it probably pushes me to be better, not that I need it.
Just kinda how he is. Confidencein himself and being able to handle this stuff is Jalen's like number one trait.

They are giving him a chance to earn the spot for two years fairly uncontested.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If I'm Jalen Hurts it probably pushes me to be better, not that I need it.
Just kinda how he is. Confidencein himself and being able to handle this stuff is Jalen's like number one trait.

They are giving him a chance to earn the spot for two years fairly uncontested.

Let's just say Pickett is the guy our FO thinks is worth a 1st, and for some reason they thought teams would covet him way more than Malik Willis or Corral or Ridder, but Pickett is there at 18 to their surprise (and nobody else). Are you shocked if we take Pickett despite evidence suggesting 1 more year of Hurts?

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Let's just say Pickett is the guy our FO thinks is worth a 1st, and for some reason they thought teams would covet him way more than Malik Willis or Corral or Ridder, but Pickett is there at 18 to their surprise (and nobody else). Are you shocked if we take Pickett despite evidence suggesting 1 more year of Hurts?

We aren't taking a QB in the first round. Jalen is our guy this year and everyone knows it. Doing due diligence on top 5ish NFL QB's shouldn't affect his mindset cause he isn't Carson Wentz.

28 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I feel fine about it. It gives me more assurance that I'll have the entirety of 2022 to prove that I'm the guy.

29 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I probably say something cliche like “Rents due everyday” 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Am I shocked they do that? No.

They clearly are unsure about Jalen's ability to ascend. And if they think Pickett's a guy who can, yeah you take him and let them compete this year. Just like Jalen did at Bama his Junior year.

Am I personally jazzed about that? No. Kenny is an ok prospect but he's old, the hands are a bit overblown but a legit thing to consider so far outside the norm. See a lane to him being good but it's limited. I don't see him being out of the league in 6 years, which is why I slide him to slightly less risky. Like I can't see him just flat out sucking like I can Ridder, Corral, Willis but those three also have higher ceilings imo.

Even if you’re in Hurts’ camp, you’re telling him he needs to put together a good year. He’ll just continue to try to improve. It’s in his blood. He’ll take that and use it as fuel. Unlike a Carson Wentz would. Like what does he do, hold out? He hasn’t proven himself yet. He plays his *** off and forces the Eagles to make a move. Resign or trade.  It’s all he can do. Now, let’s just say he puts together a pro bowl year and makes a playoff run. And then says, screw this place.  I guess it’s possible but nobody plays the fence like Howie. As the season goes on and Hurts is playing well, Howie will be his number 1 supporter. If not, he’ll be ambiguous but still say all the right things. In the off-season he’ll shop him and make a move for a rookie QB.