2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Benjamin Albright who is plugged in is now saying eagles Watson without saying it

Cryptic tweet that has nothing to do with sources from a guy who tends to get a LOT(and by a lot I mean almost everything)wrong.

Until Adam or Ian tweet out the Eagles are trying to get him I just won’t believe it. Everything has pointed to there being nothing there. Not saying it is impossible, just saying it’s all clickbait right now. 

Schefty spun our FA period as a very large success. He mentioned Goedert, Maddox, Mailata and Kelce (?, he mentioned someone else. Not sure if it was Kelce). Mentioned all those guys were scheduled FAs and the Eagles retained them in a class where they’d be very much sought after. I guess it’s pretty good when you look at it that way. Still underwhelmed though, personally. 

And he brushed off Watson entirely. Like, not gonna happen, let’s move on. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Schefty spun our FA period as a very large success. He mentioned Goedert, Maddox, Mailata and Kelce (?, he mentioned someone else. Not sure if it was Kelce). Mentioned all those guys were scheduled FAs and the Eagles retained them in a class where they’d be very much sought after. I guess it’s pretty good when you look at it that way. Still underwhelmed though, personally. 

And he brushed off Watson entirely. Like, not gonna happen, let’s move on. 

I mean that’s why we don’t have much money. We retained all our own guys. That whole 2018 draft class except Pryor who we traded for a pick this year.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Doesn't hurt that chance. They drafted an edge last year as well and now have another locked up for four years. Are they really gunna spend a top 15 pick on another?

It’ll be weird if they go Davis at 14, like yeah a good fit but was defense the big issue? Most of the guys were just hurt