2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don’t wanna picture it. I said we probably won’t sign someone until late Monday or Tuesday morning and we did the Reddick move like 20 mins after I said that. I thought that would be enough to calm fans down a bit, but nah. Fans got a taste of postseason again and want Jaguars level activity in the first few days even though winning teams don’t build like that.

Nobody is saying that. You’re all taking what I’m saying way out of context and running with it. I never expected anything major - Williams was a pipe dream, as was Robinson but there’s player who have signed for very reasonable deals that would’ve helped this team. 

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Nobody is saying that. You’re all taking what I’m saying way out of context and running with it. I never expected anything major - Williams was a pipe dream, as was Robinson but there’s player who have signed for very reasonable deals that would’ve helped this team. 

Trust me you haven’t been on Twitter or YouTube enough if you don’t think Eagles fans are clamoring for every possible FA and making up trades for receivers giving up a bunch of draft capital. It’s definitely out there. I wasn’t talking about you with that post lol.

I don’t think Williams was a pipe dream. We were probably in the top 3 bidding wise for him. Reid got taken really quickly into FA. Same with Diggs. Saints worked Maye quick when Williams signed with Baltimore, but he also got more than I was expecting. I would definitely love another safety, but I get why they might be where they are after negotiating.

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Not signing a player because we have a questionable defensive coordinator is ignoring safeties and it’s also a stupid excuse. 

Nah, you draft the safeties so the questionable DC can questionably mold them into his image of a safety vs trying to change a vets established habits to fit his scheme.

Edited by Jeezla

53 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Maybe I’m weird, but nothing has upset me about this offseason. The Cox news would’ve hurt me 2 years ago. Now, I just want the team to save as much money possible on the worst contract left on the roster. That isn’t a knock on Fletcher’s career as an Eagle it just doesn’t make sense from a business standpoint anymore. Obviously them getting out now before even more is guaranteed is the best option. I don’t think Fletch would have even commanded much more than a late round pick in a trade. If he wants to come back for cheap he can.

I wasn’t even thinking too hard on EDGE for FA going in I just wanted a safety first and foremost. Reddick was a pleasant surprise though. He got about what I would’ve expected money wise and I think he could be a good fit in Gannon’s defense. He also seems like a high character guy and a leader. Someone who wants to be here most importantly.

We still have a lot of areas to shore up, but I can still see a couple more players at lesser salaries brought in for the secondary and receiver to allow us to go BPA pretty much.

I completely agree, he’s declining and might as well eat the hit now. We won’t be contending with him anymore. Might as well use that money for someone younger. We aren’t taking advantage of hurts rookie deal, hoping we can draft one in the next year or so. Hurts ain’t that guy, and then we will have a bunch of cap and 3new first round picks. Next year is the year we go all in for a Qb. We are laying out the pieces to have a great foundation in the next few years 

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Someone on here mentioned DeShon Elliott a day ago. Forgot he was a FA. I'd take a 1 year deal flyer on him in a heartbeat. See if he can stay healthy, draft at least 1 more safety.

Also Jabrill Peppers, I don the same with him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Trust me you haven’t been on Twitter or YouTube enough if you don’t think Eagles fans are clamoring for every possible FA and making up trades for receivers giving up a bunch of draft capital. It’s definitely out there. I wasn’t talking about you with that post lol.

I don’t think Williams was a pipe dream. We were probably in the top 3 bidding wise for him. Reid got taken really quickly into FA. Same with Diggs. Saints worked Maye quick when Williams signed with Baltimore, but he also got more than I was expecting. I would definitely love another safety, but I get why they might be where they are after negotiating.

I don’t user Twitter and I don’t really do much on YouTube outside of scouting/video games so you’re experience is different than mine. 

Thought it was about me so my bad. 

• Like 1