GDT: Bengals @ Titans (Return of The King Edition)

Mesa_Titan

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

If that's the play then you have to trade Tannehill. Drafting a QB high to sit behind Tannehill does nothing for a team that is in a win now mode. I think it has to either be keep putting pieces around him or trade him. There is no inbetween.

Who in the hell would want Tannehill and that horrible contract? No one. If we’re trading away Tannehill, it better be to go after someone like Wilson, Rodgers, Watson, etc. I mean we’ve wasted our last two first round picks so what’s one more? At least we’d have a potential for a QB going forward.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

it's bad that we didn't run a play to AJ or julio but it's not bad that our QB was too stupid to take the wide open checkdown that would've likely netted a first? come on.

The ball placement to NWI was fine. I’ll complain that it was designed for NWI, I won’t complain that the QB threw a catchable ball to his primary read instead of holding it longer to check it down to a soft TE that has failed to pick up the first down in that exact same scenario multiple times this year.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Who in the hell would want Tannehill and that horrible contract? No one. If we’re trading away Tannehill, it better be to go after someone like Wilson, Rodgers, Watson, etc. I mean we’ve wasted our last two first round picks so what’s one more? At least we’d have a potential for a QB going forward.

Again, Tannehill isn't making all thatm uch money in the grand scheme of QB contracts, even with the amount we moved to 2022. Then there's the option of the team who trades for him to extend and stretch the money out to lessen the hit this year, etc.

But teams like Denver, Indianapolis and Carolina would all have a massive upgrade with Tannehill. Then you factor in teams like Seattle and Green Bay who might would be if they lose their current starter. There would be a market for him. Not sure what we'd get in return exactly, but a market exists all the same. Garoppolo has a big market and I'd argue Tannehill is better than him, but they're at worst similar level QBs.

All this team does is eventually disappoint. This game was way too similar to the 2008 season when we had the 1 seed. Offence was trash then (with Kerry Collins£ and it was today (with Tannehill). This one hurts more than any loss I can remember. Yet both defences were awesome.

Edited by Titansfan

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah, it's super sad man. If Downing gets fired in the coming days it will lift my spirits...

Even if he gets fired, I don't think anyone can be confident that we'll make a good hire.  I think it's a culture problem.  We're always stuck on this "We play physical, we run the ball" ideology and that's not winning football anymore.

Just now, Titansfan said:

All this team does is eventually disappoint. This game was way too similar to the 2008 season when we had the 1 seed. Offence was trash then (with Kerry Collins£ and it was today (with Tannehill). This one hurts more than any loss I can remember.

That’s the one that still probably hurts the most. Because I’ll always look back and believe we were winning a SB if CJ didn’t get hurt in the second quarter. This is probably second because I was too young to be fully destroyed by the early 2000s.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

That’s the one that still probably hurts the most. Because I’ll always look back and believe we were winning a SB if CJ didn’t get hurt in the second quarter. This is probably second because I was too young to be fully destroyed by the early 2000s.

That and the obvious delay of game non call on third and long which the Ravens completed still haunts me. Tonight hurts so much though because this year was there for the taking and all we have done is prove all the nay sayers right . 

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

After all these years, I don’t know how I managed to get my hopes up. 

I think this was the one that broke me. I keep saying it but this was just too perfect an opportunity for us to blow.  That’s the thing that’s eating away at me, is these opportunities don’t come often and we just blew it. Especially since our current championship was right now with this roster.

17 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If that's the play then you have to trade Tannehill. Drafting a QB high to sit behind Tannehill does nothing for a team that is in a win now mode. I think it has to either be keep putting pieces around him or trade him. There is no inbetween.

lol, because our past couple of first round picks did so much for a team in win now mode. robinson has always drafted for the future and that’s not going to change.

if malik willis is available i think long and hard about drafting him. he’s the type of guy who could benefit from a redshirt year too, and knowing we’re locked into one more year with tannehill, i don’t see why not.

Just now, -Hope- said:

lol, because our past couple of first round picks did so much for a team in win now mode. robinson has always drafted for the future and that’s not going to change.

if malik willis is available i think long and hard about drafting him. he’s the type of guy who could benefit from a redshirt year too, and knowing we’re locked into one more year with tannehill, i don’t see why not.

The last couple picks having issues and not producing doesn't make picking a player guaranteed to sit and do nothing is smart. Result based analysis issue at it's finest.