GDT: Bengals @ Titans (Return of The King Edition)

Mesa_Titan

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Like, Kirk Cousins is probably the best QB that could realistically be available. Is he a Super Bowl winning QB? Are we better off with zero picks in the first two rounds and absolutely no cap flexibility to move from Tannehill to Cousins? A QB that just missed the playoffs entirely with Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielen and Dalvin Cook?

lol I don't think anyone is saying Kirk Cousins is the answer.

This loss hurts more then the AFC championship loss to the chiefs.. Everything was lined up perfectly and we blew it.. We have to make some changes this offseason.. would love to see an OC change and to finally get away from fisherball but we knw it’s not happening.

Can we bring Joe Brady in as a passing game coordinator? Lol our passing and route concepts are so easy to defend. We need an overhaul in that department 

Just now, KingTitan said:

What context do you need. He threw 3 INTs. 

He did the same thing in Pittsburgh. 

Would be nice to recognize the blitz and either change the play or put my arch on it. 

The one to NWI he should have never thrown. He forced the ball in when he didn't have too. 

You know what Burrow didn't do? Force the ball into someone. It is a a skill to know I can't turn the ball over. 

Scramble gain some yards. Make an off schedule play. Throw the ball away. 

The only way that could have loss the game at that point was to turn it over. He has to be smart enough to not put the ball in the area of 3 plus defenders. 

That's the context. 

Don't turn the ball over and at worst you go to overtime with a defense that was not giving up another TD. 

Yeah, it's not like Burrow didn't throw a ball directly to a corner back that would have been a touchdown going the other way if it was caught. That didn't happen. Just so happened that both of Ryan's tipped passes ended up in defenders hands.

sigh.........  had a long long post...  just lost by hitting wrong button don't know if I have the ... will just recap..

SUCH a heart wrenching loss... tied with the 2000-2008 losses just behind the loss to the RAMS.

HUGE plays that turned the tide change just 1 of these and I feel we win..

1 Tanny interception..   stared down the WR.... a issue for Tanny allowed the D to react to a wide open WR on the play action for the interception. Cincy gets a FG..

2. D not ready for a quick hitter pass to Chase out wide..  CB takes a2 bad angle and does not react to the pass well enough zero support 57 yards later we tackle Chase... Cincy gets a FG.

3. Cincy 2nd 9...  late 2nd half.. we fake a blitz drop back.. give Burrow time to throw one of only a hand full down field passes putting Cincy on the edge of FG range leading to end of half FG...

4. 1st and goal 9...  run one or our regular WR flairs to the flat.. Cincy blitzes a CB... I don't remember them doing this any other time in game...  CB gets there just in time to bat down a ball and intercept the ball..  We stay down 10...

5. 2nd 9 at cincy 21.  Tanny behind AJ with the pass, AJ unable to complete the pass....   we only get a FG.... now down 7

6.  Put this one Here...  don't remember the time down or yardage... Cincy around their 25-30 I think.. Burrow rushed throws a out to the right side.. totally misses his WR badly..   ball right in our CB's hands.. had time to track the ball and step into what would have been a pick SIX...  lets ball go through his hands and body... incomplete... would have tied the GAME.....

7..  2nd4 complete pass to Julio.. who is unable to get the 1 extra yard after the catch ....  tooo...

8. NOW 3rd short.. run a crazy play... all year long been money on the Tanny sneak, try it here EXCEPT...  instead of TAnny under center he is in shotgun...  and Tanny holds the ball rather then give it to Henry D is ready for this type of play having edge rush to key on Tanny in shot gun rather then try and stop Henry up the middle. The rest is history leading to a rather easily read and stopped 4th down run...  GAME still tied.. where a 1st down here is money... and as one said in the past inconceivable we don't get a 1st down in that sequence of plays.

9. Not the nail but might as well be..  3rd 5 28 seconds...  tie game..  we run a play were NWI is the primary option.. not a terrible idea based on how many money 1st downs those two combined for this season including some game changing plays... however....  Tanny again stares down the play.. defender able to make a early break on the pass... receiver fails to help the Qb..   tipped ball for interception...

10. The NAIL... 20 seconds left in game...  After getting 9 sacks and a number of pressure on Burrow leading to a lot of errant throws this time rushing 4 we give Burrow a comfortable pocket and time to make a 19 yrd pass on a out to Chase...  another of barely a hand full of passes 6-7 yards plus down field for a first down putting them in FG range for the game ending kick.....

• Like 1

One thing about Tanny that I never understand is why he doesn't scramble more. He is so much more effective when he makes a quick decision and steps up and runs forward. For some reason he isn't very good when he escapes and circles out to the sideline. 

It's just frustrating to watch him do the same thing over and over. He is veteran and not likely to change now. 

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

That’s kind of my point right? If literally the best QB available this offseason is the answer, then maybe the question is a waste of time.

I think right now the people who think Tannehill needs to go are just generally frustrated and know that there's no real option here.

We could, and I'd even argue that we should try to get one of those guys, but it's really unlikely.  The Titans don't do that.  We don't go bold and big like that.

Tannehill will be here next year, he will have his ups, he will have his downs.  We'll win 10 or 11 games, might win one in the playoffs, and get bounced.  The year after, our roster gets purged.  It's the mid 2000s all over again.  Tannehill will probably be the "in-between" guy as we draft our future QB and then we'll let him go.  That's how I forsee the next 3 or so years.

Edited by Kookie23

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Are we just acting like there ain’t numerous QBs out there available for trade? Cousins ain’t the only one…. We won’t do it though because nobody wants Tannehill but this team isn’t winning a SB with Tannehill so we’re stuck.

If they're so numerous, start naming them. Which QB we can realistically trade for is taking us to the superbowl and winning it?

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

If they're so numerous, start naming them. Which QB we can realistically trade for is taking us to the superbowl and winning it?

Realistically no one.  We could trade the future for Wilson or Rodgers for a Super Bowl or bust couple of years, but we don't do things like that here.

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Are we just acting like there ain’t numerous QBs out there available for trade? Cousins ain’t the only one…. We won’t do it though because nobody wants Tannehill but this team isn’t winning a SB with Tannehill so we’re stuck.

Yes, we are. You think Rodgers will volunteer to leave GB to come here? More and more reports are coming out saying that Russ is likely to stay in Seattle. Who else is there? What’s the list?

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

If you could read, I just said we can’t because we’re stuck with Tannehill’s awful contract. But there’s options out there with Wilson, Rodgers, and potentially even Watson. Rodgers and Watson want out. Wilson reportedly wants out I think that team is getting blown up this offseason anyway. That’s 3 legit QB options who likely are on 3 different teams next year.

29 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Truthfully, watching the Bengals offense is what our offense has the potential to be if we would finally get away with fisherball. The ability to spread the ball around and still run the football. I feel like we condense our offense so much and run such vanilla route concepts. We have Julio, AJ, and Henry. We could easily add another weapon( we need another weapon) so NWI is nothing more then a number 4 and special teams.

Need a Burrow for that lol