2022 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, RaiderChef said:

I have a really strong feeling this coaching staff thinks Leatherwood will start at RT. They just changed his position on the website from OG to OT/OG. 

I think Brandon Parker at 3.5M will be viewed as a high end backup swing tackle with Leatherwood being the plan to start at RT.

If this is true that's a lot of money for a swing tackle. Because right now he is the 16th highest paid right tackle in the league. 

3 hours ago, RaiderChef said:

I have a really strong feeling this coaching staff thinks Leatherwood will start at RT. They just changed his position on the website from OG to OT/OG. 

I think Brandon Parker at 3.5M will be viewed as a high end backup swing tackle with Leatherwood being the plan to start at RT.

I think it's way too early to tell, gotta wait until OTAs and camp.

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

If this is true that's a lot of money for a swing tackle. Because right now he is the 16th highest paid right tackle in the league. 

that is a cool way to manipulate numbers t prove your point. LOL

Dude his cap hit is 45th among tackles.

Fans are so nerdy about cap. NFL teams don't care or think about the Cap. It is more easily manipulated then 18 year old girl in Hollywood.

12 minutes ago, RaiderChef said:

never to early to speculate! lol

I think it will be a 3 man battle for the RT spot between Leatherwood, Parker, and Eluemunor. If Parker wins the job then it will be a battle for the two guard spots between Leatherwood, Eluemunor, Good, and Simpson.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RaiderChef said:

that is a cool way to manipulate numbers t prove your point. LOL

Dude his cap hit is 45th among tackles.

Fans are so nerdy about cap. NFL teams don't care or think about the Cap. It is more easily manipulated then 18 year old girl in Hollywood.

Ok Lets leave the cap out of it like you suggest. Why do you think they haven't made any other move at RT despite there being many to choose from in FA not having a draft pick until the 3rd round? Is it because I think that Leatherwood we'll take a gigantic leap at RT in a division full of killer pass rushers? could be but again, thats a dangerous game

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think it will be a 3 man battle for the RT spot between Leatherwood, Parker, and Eluemunor. If Parker wins the job then it will be a battle for the two guard spots between Leatherwood, Eluemunor, Good, and Simpson.

most likely scenario

31 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Ok Lets leave the cap out of it like you suggest. Why do you think they haven't made any other move at RT despite there being many to choose from in FA not having a draft pick until the 3rd round? Is it because I think that Leatherwood we'll take a gigantic leap at RT in a division full of killer pass rushers? could be but again, thats a dangerous game

You answered your own question. Good job buddy, you didn't even need my help. 

47 minutes ago, RaiderChef said:

You answered your own question. Good job buddy, you didn't even need my help. 

lol whoops I didnt write that correctly. I meant to say this: Is it because you think that Leatherwood will take a gigantic leap at RT in a division full of killer pass rushers? 

(my bad I voice texted so it mustve autocorrected)

Edited by Jeremy408

23 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

lol whoops I didnt write that correctly. I meant to say this: Is it because you think that Leatherwood will take a gigantic leap at RT in a division full of killer pass rushers? 

(my bad I voice texted so it mustve autocorrected)

lol you shouldn't have said anything. You would have been in good company if YOU also thought that Leatherwood will take a gigantic leap a RT. Because I do, JM does, Ziegler does. Anyone with eyes and a high football IQ knows he Leatherwood will be just fine.

But this is coming from the guy that mocked leatherwood to the raiders at 17 back in July of 2021. Dude is a STUD!

2 hours ago, RaiderChef said:

lol you shouldn't have said anything. You would have been in good company if YOU also thought that Leatherwood will take a gigantic leap a RT. Because I do, JM does, Ziegler does. Anyone with eyes and a high football IQ knows he Leatherwood will be just fine.

But this is coming from the guy that mocked leatherwood to the raiders at 17 back in July of 2021. Dude is a STUD!

I’m rooting for him just like you are. But i’m also a realist and that’s a tall order. Lol. Similarly to Kolton Miller The talent is there though. No one can deny that

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

I’m rooting for him just like you are. But i’m also a realist and that’s a tall order. Lol. Similarly to Kolton Miller The talent is there though. No one can deny that

I just want to make a few points about Alex Leatherwood, for everyone here.

There’s this whole Kolton Miller comparison going on.  Both sides of the AL issue keep using it.  But, it’s such a bad comparison… it doesn’t even make sense besides their both Raiders and OT.  This whole “Kolton Miller: Year 1 bust, Year 2 All Pro” way of remembering things totally Ignores critical bits of information like: Miller didn’t get up a sack for first 4 weeks of the season, then he gets hurt but due to poor depth he plays Thru the injury and starts giving up sacks.  By the time he finally got healthy he started to return to playing like he did the first 4 weeks.  Yes he gave up 16 sacks but he did so playing injured.  I’m not saying he was at an all pro-level without the injury but the whole “16 sacks” thing is contextual inaccurate IMO.  
Leatherwood only have given 4? starts at RT before moving inside to RG.  That’s not enough time to evaluate a rookie.  It doesn’t  surprise me AL is being given a second chance to play RT.  
There is this idea/narrative that for Alex Leatherwood to become a good starting  RT that he needs to make a “Kolton Miller level” jump in play.  That’s ridiculous and honestly it’s a little disingenuous to make that argument.  The rise of Kolton Miller is being portrayed as this epic, nearly impossible transformation in play.  Thus, the idea Leatherwood can regain the RT job is cast as a improbable event.  

Alex Leatherwood just needs to improve and beat out the other contenders on the roster, which honestly isn’t much.  Am I saying it’s my opinion that Leatherwood will be the starting RT? No.  I’m of the wait and see approach.  But it’s not a ridiculous idea to say Leatherwood could become the starting RT.  Let’s let him work one offseason with a good OL Coach and try and fix his issues, then see how he plays in the preseason.  He Doesn’t need to be an All-Pro year 2.  If Alex Leatherwood can become an average starting RT that would be a huge boost to this team.  

18 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

There’s this whole Kolton Miller comparison going on.  Both sides of the AL issue keep using it.  But, it’s such a bad comparison… it doesn’t even make sense besides their both Raiders and OT.  This whole “Kolton Miller: Year 1 bust, Year 2 All Pro” way of remembering things totally Ignores critical bits of information like: Miller didn’t get up a sack for first 4 weeks of the season, then he gets hurt but due to poor depth he plays Thru the injury and starts giving up sacks.  By the time he finally got healthy he started to return to playing like he did the first 4 weeks.  Yes he gave up 16 sacks but he did so playing injured.  I’m not saying he was at an all pro-level without the injury but the whole “16 sacks” thing is contextual inaccurate IMO.  
Leatherwood only have given 4? starts at RT before moving inside to RG.  That’s not enough time to evaluate a rookie.  It doesn’t  surprise me AL is being given a second chance to play RT.  
There is this idea/narrative that for Alex Leatherwood to become a good starting  RT that he needs to make a “Kolton Miller level” jump in play.  That’s ridiculous and honestly it’s a little disingenuous to make that argument.  The rise of Kolton Miller is being portrayed as this epic, nearly impossible transformation in play.  Thus, the idea Leatherwood can regain the RT job is cast as a improbable event.  

Alex Leatherwood just needs to improve and beat out the other contenders on the roster, which honestly isn’t much.  Am I saying it’s my opinion that Leatherwood will be the starting RT? No.  I’m of the wait and see approach.  But it’s not a ridiculous idea to say Leatherwood could become the starting RT.  Let’s let him work one offseason with a good OL Coach and try and fix his issues, then see how he plays in the preseason.  He Doesn’t need to be an All-Pro year 2.  If Alex Leatherwood can become an average starting RT that would be a huge boost to this team.  

Very good point. Because if we’re Talking talent, it would be also worth pointing out that Brandon Parker is also talented from a measurables standpoint. So the real question is whether or not Alex Leatherwood will be Kolton Miller or Brandon Parker. 

38 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Average is still a waste of #17 overall.