2022 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If he does, then the new staff sees more in him that the previous staff. They moved Leatherwood to RG because they felt Eleumenor was a liability. 

I don’t trust the previous staff. Eleumenor has had decent stretches at RT. More than I can say for leatherwood/Parker.

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If he does, then the new staff sees more in him that the previous staff. They moved Leatherwood to RG because they felt Eleumenor was a liability. 

I don’t think that was the case. I think Eleumenor was moved because Leatherwood was a liability at RT and they wanted to save face by playing their 1st rounder.

I thought Eleumenor was solid.

• Like 2

We need to stop pretending Graham is playing any type of 4-3 despite all his "we will be multiple" talk.

I expect our base defense will consist of a front 4 consisting of a 1T (Bilal Nichols), a 5T (Clelin Ferrell) and a 7T (Maxx Crosby) and a Rush Linebacker (Chandler Jones with Koonce and Fackrell rotating in).
The second level will have two run stuffing ILB (Kiser and Perryman) to play base with a S/LB hybrid (Deablo) playing next too Perryman on passing downs.
On the backend we will feature 2 Man 2 Man CB on the Outside (Rock Ya-Sin, Anthony Averett, Trayvon Mullen and Stephan Gilmore, if he signs, will compete for the two starting CBS) with Hobbs and Phillips battling it out for the NCB spot. Moehrig will obviously be one of the starting Safeties and i assume Abram will get his chance to be the other Safety but I think he struggles maybe Gillespie can take his job as the Safety number 2. With the amount of 3 Safety looks graham has used in his past makes me think Tyran Matheiu comes in as the #2 Safety and bumps Abrams as the 3rd safety on those sets. 

I think we have the best defense I can remember in 15 years and with a Safety, Corner and Linebacker it will be one of the best defenses in the league. On that note I REALLY hope we draft Mykael Wright, Damone Clarke, and Vernone McKinely III with our first 3 picks. 

Edited by RaiderChef
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, RaiderChef said:

We need to stop pretending Graham is playing any type of 4-3 despite all his "we will be multiple" talk.

I expect our base defense will consist of a front 4 consisting of a 1T (Bilal Nichols), a 5T (Clelin Ferrell) and a 7T (Maxx Crosby) and a Rush Linebacker (Chandler Jones with Koonce and Fackrell rotating in).
The second level will have two run stuffing ILB (Kiser and Perryman) to play base with a S/LB hybrid (Deablo) playing next too Perryman on passing downs.
On the backend we will feature 2 Man 2 Man CB on the Outside (Rock Ya-Sin, Anthony Averett, Trayvon Mullen and Stephan Gilmore, if he signs, will compete for the two starting CBS) with Hobbs and Phillips battling it out for the NCB spot. Moehrig will obviously be one of the starting Safeties and i assume Abram will get his chance to be the other Safety but I think he struggles maybe Gillespie can take his job as the Safety number 2. With the amount of 3 Safety looks graham has used in his past makes me think Tyran Matheiu comes in as the #2 Safety and bumps Abrams as the 3rd safety on those sets. 

I think we have the best defense I can remember in 15 years and with a Safety, Corner and Linebacker it will be one of the best defenses in the league. On that note I REALLY hope we draft Mykael Wright, Damone Clarke, and Vernone McKinely III with our first 3 picks. 

I agree with the defense but I thought Graham likes bigger defensive linemen.  Last year Giants d-line was Williams, Lawrence, and Sheldon.  That is close to 1,000 lbs.  NIcols, Ferrel, and Crosby is 820 lbs.  Crosby and Ferrel are closer to the the size of the NY OLBs and Nichols is the same size as Williams.  Billings is a possibility but I would not count on him to be a starter.  I think we are more likely to see a big ugly signed or drafted and bumping Crosby to OLB.  We will have a hard time stopping the run otherwise.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Another interesting thing is that the new coaching staff were the ones who cut him in training camp which allowed us to get them last year in the first place. That's why I think it's hard for me to get a read on how they view him

2 hours ago, reddevil said:

I don’t think that was the case. I think Eleumenor was moved because Leatherwood was a liability at RT and they wanted to save face by playing their 1st rounder.

I thought Eleumenor was solid.

I'm going off what the beat writers said at the time and reiterated through the season. They wanted the best combination left to right and Eleumenor was the weak link. 

1 hour ago, RaiderChef said:

Unfortunately, I sincerely doubt we could land all 3. But even just 2 of them would be phenomenal in my book. 

Preferably Clark and McKinley. Clark could be a difference maker at LB and McKinley keeps Abram out of coverage. Wright would be a cherry on top, but CB is less of a concern for me right now. 

Raiders offensive line has to be a huge concern. Carr fumbles/Sack percentage has always been high.  Outside Kolton Miller, everyone else is very average. Hopefully Leatherwood can develop more next season or we add a vet later

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

Raiders offensive line has to be a huge concern. Outside Kolton Miller, everyone else is very average. Hopefully Leatherwood can develop more next season

He has the talent for sure but are we really gonna chance it in this division now with the pass rushers we have to go against every divisional game

On 1/20/2022 at 7:20 PM, Humble_Beast said:
QB Carr Gilbert      
RB Jacobs Drake Bolden Ragas Abdullah
FB Johnson Smith      
WR Adams Robinson J Wims    
WR Edwards Hollins Stoner    
Slot Renfrow T Johnson Turner    
TE Waller Moreau Hollister Bowers  
LT Miller B Parker      
LG Leatherwood Simpson Cotton    
C James Grasu B Heggie    
RG Good Bars Seymour Meredith  
RT Eluemunor W Sweet Barton    
DE Crosby Ferrell Green    
UT Nichols Vickers      
NT Butler Billings PJ Johnson    
DE C Jones Koonce      
WLB Deablo        
MLB Perryman Kiser      
SLB Fackrell  March-Lillard      
CB Rock Averett  LeBlanc    
CB Mullen Phillips      
Slot Hobbs Robertson      
FS Moehrig Leavitt Teamer J Brown  
SS Abram Gillespie Jamerson    
K Carlson        
P Cole        
LS Sieg    

big needs: RT, DT (interior pass rusher)

could use: QB2, S to challenge Abram

would be nice to add: 1 LB for depth... then go BPA in draft, maybe could find a gem or 2

Edited by Humble_Beast