2022 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

20 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree with the defense but I thought Graham likes bigger defensive linemen.  Last year Giants d-line was Williams, Lawrence, and Sheldon.  That is close to 1,000 lbs.  NIcols, Ferrel, and Crosby is 820 lbs.  Crosby and Ferrel are closer to the the size of the NY OLBs and Nichols is the same size as Williams.  Billings is a possibility but I would not count on him to be a starter.  I think we are more likely to see a big ugly signed or drafted and bumping Crosby to OLB.  We will have a hard time stopping the run otherwise.

I think Graham will use his players as they are best suited and get his best players on the field. I always felt the best patriots defense featured a big NT and a run stuffing DT with a more traditional 4-3 DE rushing from one side and a more traditional 3-4 OLB rushing from the other side. I expect graham to approach this Raiders defense that way. I think personnel wise our defense will be more of a 3-3-5 then a 4-2-5

Listen to Maxx at the pro bowl when he is talking to TJ Watt. He specifically says he feels he is way more explosive with his hand in the dirt, while Chandler Jones plays much better standing up and I think we line up with those two rushing from the outside with Ferrell and Nichols inside with Kiser and Perryman behind them with Deablo coming in on passing downs.

19 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Unfortunately, I sincerely doubt we could land all 3. But even just 2 of them would be phenomenal in my book. 

Preferably Clark and McKinley. Clark could be a difference maker at LB and McKinley keeps Abram out of coverage. Wright would be a cherry on top, but CB is less of a concern for me right now. 

Clarke is the only one I have see consistently picked in the first 3 rounds and while i think we would be lucky to land him in the 3rd if he or Travis Jones or Ed Ingram are there I think you sprint to the podium to turn in the pick.

I see wright SOMETIMES in the 3rd but mostly in the early 4th in mocks I think he could go either way. 

I think McKinley is being slept on big time. I think he could be had with one of our 2 back to back 5th round picks and provide a bigger impact then Hobbs had this year. I think McKinley is special. 

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

As of right now I'd guess the starting defense is:

DE - Ferrell 

NT - Butler 

DE - Nichols 

OLB - Crosby

LB - Deablo

LB - Perryman

OLB - Jones

CB - Mullen

CB - Ya Shin

SCB - Hobbs

SS - Abram

FS - Moehirg 

-You have Butler over Billings?

-it's gonna be interesting to see what Ferrell does

-Deablo vs Kiser will be intresting

-tbh I like Averett over Mullen(who I've always liked also)

-it'll be interesting to see what Hobbs looks like in a different system

-I have Gillespie over Abram in this defensive scheme

12 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

-You have Butler over Billings?

-it's gonna be interesting to see what Ferrell does

-Deablo vs Kiser will be intresting

-tbh I like Averett over Mullen(who I've always liked also)

-it'll be interesting to see what Hobbs looks like in a different system

-I have Gillespie over Abram in this defensive scheme

Billings hardly played last season

3 hours ago, RaiderChef said:

I think Graham will use his players as they are best suited and get his best players on the field. I always felt the best patriots defense featured a big NT and a run stuffing DT with a more traditional 4-3 DE rushing from one side and a more traditional 3-4 OLB rushing from the other side. I expect graham to approach this Raiders defense that way. I think personnel wise our defense will be more of a 3-3-5 then a 4-2-5

Listen to Maxx at the pro bowl when he is talking to TJ Watt. He specifically says he feels he is way more explosive with his hand in the dirt, while Chandler Jones plays much better standing up and I think we line up with those two rushing from the outside with Ferrell and Nichols inside with Kiser and Perryman behind them with Deablo coming in on passing downs.

The Patriots defense is 1 thing but I am looking at how Graham had the Giants structured.  He will use the players to the best of their abilities but there was no way he is showing up week 1 with the biggest d-line weighing in at 302.  They are actually grabbing some NTs but none are very impressive so far in their careers.  I hope Travis Jones falls to us.

On 1/20/2022 at 7:20 PM, Humble_Beast said:
QB Carr Gilbert      
RB Jacobs Drake Bolden Ragas Abdullah
FB Johnson Smith      
WR Adams Robinson J Wims    
WR Edwards Hollins Stoner    
Slot Renfrow T Johnson Turner    
TE Waller Moreau Hollister Bowers  
LT Miller B Parker      
LG Leatherwood Simpson Cotton    
C James Grasu B Heggie    
RG Good Bars Seymour Meredith  
RT Eluemunor W Sweet Barton    
DE Crosby Ferrell Green    
NT Butler Billings Peko PJ Johnson  
DE Nichols Vickers      
OLB C Jones Koonce      
ILB Deablo March-Lillard      
ILB Perryman Kiser      
OLB Fackrell         
CB Rock Averett  LeBlanc    
CB Mullen Phillips      
Slot Hobbs Robertson      
FS Moehrig Leavitt Teamer J Brown  
SS Abram Gillespie Jamerson    
K Carlson        
P Cole        
LS Sieg    

updated to include 3-4

I'm a little nervous about Deablo as a ILB if we go that route. We would need another ILB for depth. Also would need another OLB rushing edge. Could also use another stout DE. Vickers likely cut. our NT are just meh too... Butler has been a bust, Peko is barely and NFL player, and Billings was on a practice squad last year

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

updated to include 3-4

I think right now as we haven't heard anything from the new coaching staff on the O-line that it would be more accurate to go similar to what we had last year:

Miller - Simpson - James - Good - Leatherwood 
or 
Miller - Simpson - James - Leatherwood - Parker

I know there's an article floating around about Leatherwood having the mannerisms for the left side but it feels like the days of when Joyner was pegged at safety in depth charts :/

*Granted I also believe there was no reason to bench Eluemunor last year and ranked his play better than Simpson and Leatherwood at G.

The defense is a tough one to predict this year and I have a feeling we only use one natural 3-4 OLB in Jones and then use Deablo as a coverage OLB... but I also have nothing to base this off 👀