2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

9 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

What would his cap hit be for us? Spotrac says 21 mil right now. I get confused with the dead cap when it comes to trades. Is it 21 no matter where he play?

I'm not the best cap guy but my understanding is if he's released, we can sign him to whatever we want, right? I don't want to trade for anyone as I want to retain our draft capital. 

• Like 1

Three things I think is going on right now:

1. They’re trying to squeeze Gilmore into taking less

2. They haven’t really pursued right tackles because they know they’re going to sign Trent Brown

3. They are holding out for Devante Adams(which would be a stupid move if they can’t sign Waller after this)

26 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I get being patient, but we’ve also missed out on a couple nice deals. I’m waiting for it to play out, but not going to act like it wasn’t frustrating. 

"Missed out".... Acting like you have any idea what is going on behind the scenes is hilarious.

You don't know what the plans are and what offers were made. Nor can you speculate what is important to the player in terms of location, money, etc. 

Morgan Moses for example. 31 years old, born and raised in Virginia, played at the University of Virginia. Drafted and played 8 seasons for Washington. Cut, signs with New York for 1 year. Signs with Baltimore this offseason? Sense a theme here?

You think a guy at 31, money in the bank who has lived his entire life in one area of the country wants to pack up and move west? Sometimes it's not just about who can pay the most for players. 

All these fans sitting at home refreshing twitter all day and acting like they are GM's is getting really old. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

"Missed out".... Acting like you have any idea what is going on behind the scenes is hilarious.

You don't know what the plans are and what offers were made. Nor can you speculate what is important to the player in terms of location, money, etc. 

Morgan Moses for example. 31 years old, born and raised in Virginia, played at the University of Virginia. Drafted and played 8 seasons for Washington. Cut, signs with New York for 1 year. Signs with Baltimore this offseason? Sense a theme here?

You think a guy at 31, money in the bank who has lived his entire life in one area of the country wants to pack up and move west? Sometimes it's not just about who can pay the most for players. 

All these fans sitting at home refreshing twitter all day and acting like they are GM's is getting really old. 

Now THIS in particular is a valid point

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Leave it to BP to come thru clutch with the whole holier than thou routine. I never said I know what’s going on behind the scenes. Missed out, yea, as in they aren’t on the Raiders. Vets up and leave all the time, I don’t know what you’re getting at. This a message board built to speculate and discuss football, none of us know what’s going on behind the scenes so what are we even doing here? also to your last post, “act like professionals”, wtf does that even mean. Were fans lmao

Edited by Geezy