GOTW | Week 10 | #8 Oklahoma @ #11 Oklahoma State

IDOG_det

GOTW  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• #8 Oklahoma
    • #11 Oklahoma State

Just now, mse326 said:

What is the difference between clear evidence and egregious? How do you define that

(not saying they were wrong just wondering).

Yeah that's a weird rule. The standard for normal overturns is "indisputable"  - isn't anything "indisputable" that's called wrong done so "egregiously"?

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah that's a weird rule. The standard for normal overturns is "indisputable"  - isn't anything "indisputable" that's called wrong done so "egregiously"?

I mean in terms of everyday speak I understand the difference. We have frequently said we can understand how the ref gets it wrong even if the review shows it was clearly wrong. I'm more wondering from a rules standpoint. What makes it egregious such that they can use a catch all? If it was clear but a split second is that not egregious while 2 seconds is? I just don't get how you can adminster something like this.

2 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:
4 minutes ago, PAW said:

What sucks for Oklahoma is they would've intercepted that regardless of the targeting. 

Yeah, that hit had nothing to do with the result of the play.

While true we say that about defensive holdings or illegal contacts (in the NFL) on the other side of the field. So that isn't unusual.

1 minute ago, rob_shadows said:

Umm... That was stupid... Just go down and end the game... Now they could quick score-onside kick-quick score..... Unlikely but still possible... If he just goes down the game is over

Game is over no matter what.

Archived