Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

On 1/23/2022 at 4:04 AM, StatKing said:

Gute squandered our best chance at a ring these last two years sitting on his ***. I'll miss him greatly, but I hope Rodgers leaves this off-season. He has no shot at winning another ring here before he retires. The Packers have clearly shown they have no interest in trying to build around him and are more concerned about the future than the present. Let Gute roll with his boy next season, we'll see how good he feels about his job security when fans are calling for his head midway through the season.

I didn't see this before but seriously?  Gute assembled one of the better defenses we've seen around here in ages, a pretty stout OL and a solid running game (it was unfortunate Dillon got hurt in this game).  Losing Tonyan really hurt this year.  The only position he dropped the ball was WR depth but AR did have the top WR in the game.  He even dabbled in FA and actually signed pretty decent veterans, something TT was loathe to do.   This was a championship caliber roster but poor play by Rodgers and historically crappy special teams play did us in.

On 1/23/2022 at 9:15 AM, Outpost31 said:

Lol. Rodgers says he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild if he's going to keep playing.

Lol... So... So take a paycut you self-absorbed moron.

For someone to be so smart and yet so dumb just makes me feel dumb.

oops

Edited by Pugger

On 1/23/2022 at 9:19 AM, Outpost31 said:

It's hard for me to judge because Brady is a billionaire so it was different for him, but Rodgers isn't even at Peyton Manning level.

Brady wasn't part of a rebuild because he played out his contract, didn't take anything from his new team in a trade, went to a bad team, took less than he was worth.

Rodgers can retire without getting the Packers anything for all I care.

oops

Edited by Pugger

On 1/23/2022 at 9:51 AM, Leader said:

I also doubt he's gonna cut the team a deal. Rather, I think he's gonna walk and leave us holding the bag - but - players do this all the time - year in year out - so AR's only different in that he's QB1 and the roster salary structure was built around his cap hit.

So - I suspect our boat's gonna rock in the water a bit.

oops

Edited by Pugger

19 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I didn't see this before but seriously?  Gute assembled one of the better defenses we've seen around here in ages, a pretty stout OL and a solid running game (it was unfortunate Dillon got hurt in this game).  Losing Tonyan really hurt this year.  The only position he dropped the ball was WR depth but AR did have the top WR in the game.  He even dabbled in FA and actually signed pretty decent veterans, something TT was loathe to do.   This was a championship caliber roster but poor play by Rodgers and historically crappy special teams play did us in.

Dont feed the troll. His comment is a string of outlandish statements strung together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

The only way he will "walk" is if he retires.  He is still under contract so if he leaves it will be via a trade.  He is not in the position Brady was in after the 2019 season.

A matter of word choice. To me "walking" includes "I'm done...trade me" declarations.
I'd like him back (at a workable number I tend to doubt he's gonna wanna meet) - but will admit these playoff losses are building up on my soul and for no good reason put a damper on the wanting him back aspect - but - that's just emotionalism on my part. These playoff losses are like a bad breakup: hurt for awhile...but you get over them. I dont think he's going to retire.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

A matter of word choice. To me "walking" includes "I'm done...trade me" declarations.
I'd like him back (at a workable number I tend to doubt he's gonna wanna meet) - but will admit these playoff losses are building up on my soul and for no good reason put a damper on the wanting him back aspect - but - that's just emotionalism on my part. These playoff losses are like a bad breakup: hurt for awhile...but you get over them. I dont think he's going to retire.

I wouldn't be opposed to him returning either if the Packers can do a little creative accounting.  Even with his postseason struggles he is the best option right now for us to even make the playoffs in 2022.  I think Love is another year away, frankly, and I don't think AR is going to retire either.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Sean Payton is gone yet Maurice Drayton remains.   The NFL is wild.

#1 Payton retired lol, that isn't even in the same category as a firing.

#2 There's a process, the Packers are a professional franchise and are going to follow it. They'll exit interview the players, that happened probably Mond-Tues, next will be the coaching staff, probably today and tomorrow. This weekend will be the meetings with Murphy, Gute, MLF, Ball, etc... and by early next week he will be fired.

The only thing that firing him now helps, as @Normsaid, is your feelings. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

#1 Payton retired lol, that isn't even in the same category as a firing.

#2 There's a process, the Packers are a professional franchise and are going to follow it. They'll exit interview the players, that happened probably Mond-Tues, next will be the coaching staff, probably today and tomorrow. This weekend will be the meetings with Murphy, Gute, MLF, Ball, etc... and by early next week he will be fired.

I never said he was fired.  I just said he was gone.   I don't think anyone was expecting him to step away.  That's not a little wild?  Or were you expecting him to step away leaving them with a (his) huge cap problem (Taysom says thanks btw Coach Payton) and just "retire"?

Wasn't MM fired like an hour after the Arizona game during the regular season?  Was that any less professional?  That's a different process I take it lol.  

Edited by thrILL!

5 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I never said he was fired.  I just said he was gone.   I don't think anyone was expecting him to step away.  That's not a little wild?  Or were you expecting him to step away leaving them with a (his) huge cap problem (Taysom says thanks btw Coach Payton) and just "retire"?

Wasn't MM fired like an hour after the Arizona game during the regular season?  Was that any less professional?  That's a different process I take it lol.  

I don't think Gute or Murphy loved how the MM thing went down, maybe they'd change it and wait until seasons end if you ask them? Think they wanted a few games to check out Philbin as a candidate. A HC is fired by a GM though, a ST coach is fired by the HC. There is a bit more of day to day relationship there, LaFleur is going to do it the right way, and I'd be willing to bet not a single ST coordinator is going to be hired in the next week. 

• Like 2