GDT - Week 9: Washington Redskins vs. Seattle Seahawks

Ghostnote

12 hours ago, Woz said:
  1. If it were one post, I would have let it go. It was a slate of them.
  2. What happens in the survivor pool has nothing to do with us here.

I don't mind you posting your thoughts here, but don't go trying to stir up trouble please.

Lol his team isn't gonna do anything if they make the playoffs 

I'm not impressed from the Rams but I will give credit of what mcvay has done and goff I'm completely wrong about how they been .

16 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

btw PAY KIRK AND ZACK BROWN

Cannot per CBA offer Kirk anything at this point, but it is inexplicable that Brown hasn't gotten a new deal.

Well, it is inexplicable until I realize who is "in charge" of the front office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sen8Tn8CBA4 [leaving this as a link due to language, slightly NSFW; but completely apropos]

12 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Lol his team isn't gonna do anything if they make the playoffs 

I'm not impressed from the Rams but I will give credit of what mcvay has done and goff I'm completely wrong about how they been .

They're in a three way tie for the second seed (right now, they would come out on bottom due to their weaker conference record, but that could easily change as the season progresses).

4 hours ago, mar29020 said:

i think sherff will be back

He will be back.

the Vikings are worst than Seattle the issue with the redskins has been Kirk not making aggressive throws or trust his wideouts .

that last one minute wasn't a fluke I promise your our wideouts where open in Seattle and Kirk knew he had to not give a crap anymore to win that's what I hate about him.

13 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Redskins should be a ten point favor over the Vikings injurys or not they haven't beaten any good team except the saints but that's week 1 and that was with Bradford at qb 

There's no way that we're a ten point favorite over any team the rest of the way. Yes, that includes the Giants.

Have the Vikings had an easier schedule to date? Yes. And we might be a tough out for them. But let's give them some credit. They've looked good.

He will be back.

We'll see.

the Vikings are worst than Seattle the issue with the redskins has been Kirk not making aggressive throws or trust his wideouts .

They are also coming off their bye week, so they've had an extra week to get healthy. Looking over the injury report for week 8, they had:

• Did not participate in practice
    • QB Sam Bradford [out] - nominal starting QB if healthy (somewhat major loss)
    • OG Jeremy Sirles [out] - played in 23 games, starting 13 in the past four years (sounds like a swing guard, but used regularly?)
    • DE Stephen Weatherly [out] - played in 9 games in two years, two tackles (no major loss for them)
  • Limited participation in practice
    • OG Nick Easton [questionable; did not play] - played in 16 games, starting 10 over the past two years (maybe starting guard?)
    • WR Michael Floyd [questionable; played] - only played in 3 games (starting 1) for the Vikings, 3 catches 31 yards (somewhat irrelevant; was a reclamation project)
  • Full participation in practice
    • CB Mackenzie Alexander [questionable; played] - slot corner? (somewhat important)
    • CB Tramaine Brock [clean status; played] - recent addition, not sure where he plays (eh)
    • WR Stephon Diggs [questionable; started] - multiyear starter at WR, started in week 8 (very important)
    • QB Case Keenum [clean status; started] - current leader of the team (very important)
    • OT Riley Reiff [questionable; started] - multiyear starter at LT (I think?), started in week 8 (very important)
    • WR Laquon Treadwell [clean status; played] - young receiver (somewhat important)

So, in essence, the only players who are banged up and didn't play in Cleveland and might be important for them are Nick Easton, Sam Bradford, and Teddy Bridgewater (PUP list). Supposedly, Bridgewater is going to be activated tomorrow but is not expected to start against the Redskins.

The Redskins are in a much worse injury position than the Vikings are.

So, I had a convention with work last week and was swamped with work, but I did see the game and may I say...

Agreed that we need to Re-sign Kirk & Zach Brown! No brainers!

Kendall Fuller balled out! The great play from Fuller this year and the potential of Moreau make it an almost certainty that Breeland won't be re-signed as Mknight and others have pointed out for months. It will suck to lose Breeland but hopefully we can re-sign Dunbar on a deal that won't be too expensive so we won't miss Breeland that much because we will have those 3 young corners and Holsey as well.

We also could get a 3rd round compensatory pick for losing Breeland in the 2019 draft if we don't sign a lot of free agents next March which, I don't think we will, we will likely keep our own free agents and continued to build through the draft.

Also, DeAngelo Hall looked good - if not Great - in his return. Compton, McClain and Lanier all had key plays as did Norman and Swearinger. Our OL held up, although there were plenty of mistakes from everyone but Moses. Doctson (he is once again up for catch of the week for the second time this year) Davis and Grant also played well and Pryor had a few key plays. I still think they need to find a way to get Doctson and Pryor the ball more on easier receptions/routes in the quick game because both guys can make plays and are hard for Dbs to tackle because of their size/speed combination but they don't get enough targets.

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

we need to rape and pillage. it's who we are.

Not sure how much you might want to do with them on the former category, but there's another forum entitled "Philadelphia Eagles" that's probably good for pillaging.

Just now, turtle28 said:

We also could get a 3rd round compensatory pick for losing Breeland in the 2019 draft if we don't sign a lot of free agents next March which, I don't think we will, we will likely keep our own free agents and continued to build through the draft.

That only holds if we keep Kirk. If not, it's going to be a scramble.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So, I had a convention with work last week and was swamped with work, but I did see the game and may I say...

Agreed that we need to Re-sign Kirk & Zach Brown! No brainers!

Kendall Fuller balled out! The great play from Fuller this year and the potential of Moreau make it an almost certainty that Breeland won't be re-signed as Mknight and others have pointed out for months. It will suck to lose Breeland but hopefully we can re-sign Dunbar on a deal that won't be too expensive so we won't miss Breeland that much because we will have those 3 young corners and Holsey as well.

Also, DeAngelo Hall looked good - if not Great - in his return. Compton, McClain and Lanier all had key plays as did Norman and Swearinger. Our OL held up, although there were plenty of mistakes from everyone but Moses. Doctson (he is once again up for catch of the week for the second time this year) Davis and Grant also played well and Pryor had a few key plays. I still think they need to find a way to get Doctson and Pryor the ball more on easier receptions/routes in the quick game because both guys can make plays and are hard for Dbs to tackle because of their size/speed combination but they don't get enough targets.

the idea should be to keep good players not release them.

Archived