GDT - Week 9: Washington Redskins vs. Seattle Seahawks

Ghostnote

Just now, vike daddy said:

alrighty then. that moves us to this question - how well does Cousins play under pressure?

By and large, he has been playing a bit scared to be honest. However, when the game was on the line, he stood in the face of pressure and took a pair of deep shots (along with shots to the mouth). So, he knows that it's patchwork and the deep game is somewhat missing.

A good chunk of that extends from the running game being non-existent. Rob Kelley is a guy who will generally get what is blocked and not a lot more. Samaje Perine can get more, but has a tendency to cough up the ball. Chris Thompson is our most talented back but he's just 5'8", 195. If he gets into the open field, your guys will be running after him and likely not catching him.

Honestly, you guys should have little problem shutting us down, but I have to give Bill Callahan (the OL coach) credit. They were supposed to get worked by Seattle, but they did alright for a bunch of rookies, castoffs, and guys playing hurt. Maybe he can weave something special two weeks in a row?

daddy like.

*shrugs* It is what it is. I think it is a bit of a shame that we're so beat up as we have played well against top flight talent (Kansas City). But, you guys apparently caught us at the right time.

last year we were playing our 5th and 6th choices at tackles. i don't think we had two games in a row where we started the same five guys on the o-line. we know the pain.

Oh, btw, if Moses or Clemmings goes down, we then give the nod to Orlando Franklin.

Yay ...

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

What’s the deal with Nsheke?  He’s been out forever. 

Core muscle injury that required surgery. He should in theory be coming back somewhat soonish (November 8th would be the end of six weeks).

http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/Redskins-Tackle-Ty-Nsekhe-Out-Three-To-Six-Weeks-/4caca104-99c6-4031-9bde-5b5fb7462dae

40 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Review the Seattle game. 

I will say this season he’s been under the most pressure I’ve seen him under and he’s handled that well for the most part. We gotta stop fumbling the ball we have way too many this season

Just now, lavar703 said:

Didn't Franklin get cut already? 

Oh, you're right. They cut him for Hall. So, I guess it goes to Tony Bergstrom? 

61 	Long, Spencer 		C 	6-5 	318	26	4 	Nebraska [INJURED]
73 	Roullier, Chase 	C 	6-4 	317	24	R 	Wyoming
68 	Catalina, Tyler 	G 	6-6 	325	24	R 	Georgia
60 	Kouandjio, Arie 	G 	6-5 	316	25	3 	Alabama
77 	Lauvao, Shawn 		G 	6-3 	308	30	8 	Arizona State [INJURED]
75 	Scherff, Brandon 	G 	6-5 	319	25	3 	Iowa [INJURED]
66 	Bergstrom, Tony 	OL 	6-5 	315	31	6 	Utah
69 	Clemmings, T.J. 	T 	6-5 	309	25	3 	Pittsburgh
76 	Moses, Morgan 		T 	6-6 	335	26	4 	Virginia
79 	Nsekhe, Ty 		T 	6-8 	338	32	3 	Texas State [INJURED]
71 	Williams, Trent 	T 	6-5 	320	29	8 	Oklahoma [INJURED]

We potentially are going to be rolling into the Vikings game with just six offensive linemen. Hoo boy ...

Archived