GDT - Week 9: Washington Redskins vs. Seattle Seahawks

Ghostnote

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

Wasn't so much battling it out as offenses tripping over their own feet.

Our defense made plays. Forced turnovers had a int when they went for 2. Our defense made plays. Their defense fought hard and they almost made a huge play for a sack fumble but luckily Kirk was down. I’d say they battled it out

12 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Our defense made plays. Forced turnovers had a int when they went for 2. Our defense made plays. Their defense fought hard and they almost made a huge play for a sack fumble but luckily Kirk was down. I’d say they battled it out

They also had multiple penalties that bailed us out.

18 minutes ago, Woz said:

They also had multiple penalties that bailed us out.

Nobody played perfect today. They were at home and we all know that Seattle is a hard place to go and get a victory. They made mistakes and they usually overcome penalties. This game they didn’t and this game we made the plays. That’s why even when we commit penalties I don’t see that as a excuse to lose because good teams find a way. We won the turnover battle that means we needed to win the game.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Yes, but our defense also made key stops when it mattered (other than Norman getting beat in the 4th).

Yes, they did by and large. But nine points are off their board due to Walsh hooking it left.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Well the offense gave up 2, so the defense gave up 2 TDs?  Honestly I’ll take that 16 weeks a year.

The defense, with the exception of the drive in the 4th quarter that led to the TD to Baldwin, did an admirable job all day. The offense needed them to bail them out repeatedly, and they came through.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

The defense, with the exception of the drive in the 4th quarter that led to the TD to Baldwin, did an admirable job all day. The offense needed them to bail them out repeatedly, and they came through.

Admirable is not the word.  Heroic seems better. 

The Tomsula Effect?

our defense had a great scheme with the pass rush of the front 7, the impact of Brown at ILB cannot be overstated as for once we have a LB with the speed to spy Wilson, and the coverages in the back end. Our DL coach, Tomsula coached against the Wilson Seahawks 8 times. 

This was Tomsula’s defensive scheme and the players executed it very well. Excellent coaching on the defensive side of the ball today!

Archived