GDT - Week 9: Washington Redskins vs. Seattle Seahawks

Ghostnote

Just now, vike daddy said:

Bridgewater will be suited up and active, but they'll start with Keenum and go with him as long as he's playing well.

are your field's conditions still suspect? if so, they'll want to keep Teddy off of it, i would say.

Honestly, I haven't thought about it of late so maybe they've fixed the issue. However, it has been raining somewhat regularly recently so I guess it's something to keep an eye on.

someone start a GDT! with us on a bye yesterday, we need football discussion!! lol

We'll get to it in a bit. Give @mike23md time to find the right cheerleader photos. :D It's important.

I'm so on the fence with Manusky. I have no idea whether he's a good coordinator or not but he's not Joe Barry so that means a ton. Tomsula on the other hand is a genius. He may not be headcoach material but I'd pay that guy whatever he wants to stay here for life. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

I'm so on the fence with Manusky. I have no idea whether he's a good coordinator or not but he's not Joe Barry so that means a ton. Tomsula on the other hand is a genius. He may not be headcoach material but I'd pay that guy whatever he wants to stay here for life. 

Outside of the one or two drives per game where they seemingly decide to take a break, the defense has been much better this year.

If you had told me that going into week 9 (prior to the Seattle game) the Redskins would have the 13th best defense per DVOA, I would be planning their postseason scenarios. With the injuries and the three losses in division, the chances are VERY thin. The Skins apparently will be a tough out for other teams going forward, but this year is probably just playing out the string.

What it does tell me is that we should try to keep this team intact as best as we can, as @MKnight82 mentioned in the Thought Experiment thread.

And it may have been a one time thing but Arie K was great yesterday. I have no idea why he didn't make the team and how Lauvao is starting ahead of him? It could've just been Arie having a great day but I'd just IR Lauvao and see what he does the rest of the season. 

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Honestly, I haven't thought about it of late so maybe they've fixed the issue. However, it has been raining somewhat regularly recently so I guess it's something to keep an eye on.

We'll get to it in a bit. Give @mike23md time to find the right cheerleader photos. :D It's important.

@Woz it is not the cheerleaders, its the bikini's. That is what I am going for now. 

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And it may have been a one time thing but Arie K was great yesterday. I have no idea why he didn't make the team and how Lauvao is starting ahead of him? It could've just been Arie having a great day but I'd just IR Lauvao and see what he does the rest of the season. 

I wonder how much we would gather from Kouandjio playing alongside the likes of TJ Clemmings. Still, keep him in there.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’ve never gotten this. He’s seen 2 games that I can remember and looked good in both. Maybe he just doesn’t look good in drills or practice who knows 

is Clemmings still starting for you guys? as in, will he be next week?

Unfortunately, it's looking that way. I suppose it's possible Trent Williams gets healthy and Clemmings sits his gallumphing butt back on the bench, but for right now, your right defensive end is going to have a field day.

Griffen? the dude with 10 sacks already?

oh yummy.

Well, let's see here. From yesterday

LT T.J. Clemmings
LG Arie Kouandjio
C Chase Rouiller
RG Tyler Catalina
RT Morgan Moses [week 1 starter]

So, our 4th tackle (Trent being 1, Moses being 2, Ty Nsekhe being 3) that we picked up off of waivers from you guys, our former backup left guard that we cut before the season began (but re-signed a week before the Seattle game), our backup rookie 6th round pick of a center, our backup rookie UDFA swing guard, and Moses.

Oh and Moses is playing on two bad ankles.

Sufficed to say, Clemmings, while a weak point, isn't the only problem on the line.

Archived