GDT - Week 9: Washington Redskins vs. Seattle Seahawks

Ghostnote

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Not rooting for him to fail because it's much easier to just keep building the team without looking for another QB. I just want him to do what he did on the last drive. Trust your receivers to make a play. Give them the chance instead of being scared of making a poor play. He's so terrified of throwing picks. 

100% agree. He needs to channel his inner Brett Favre a bit and let it fly

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I am soooo stoked on this win. This made the season for me. Beaten and battered this team continues to fight. HTTR! 

Right!!!! These aren’t the same they are just gonna lose when the cards are down skins. Hate Gruden for whatever no play caller is perfect!!! And say whatever about McVay but he has a top pick QB a top 10 pick and the 2nd best RB in the league and Sammy Watkins when healthy is a stud. Plus a heck of a defense plus a veteran staff so he can focus on his job. I think Gruden does just fine he doesn’t let the floor come out from this team. Props to our makeshift O and D lines today!!!!

Just now, ripsean21 said:

Props to our makeshift O and D lines today!!!!

Got to give a virtual game ball to both Bill Callahan and Jim Tomsula. They've been given random spare parts and made a solid showing in one of the most difficult places to play in the NFL.

Just now, lavar703 said:

Come on dude. He can't just sit back there and be terrified to take a chance. It nearly cost them the game. 

He can’t chuck it every down either.  This was a survival game for us.  4th string Oline and crap WRs for the most part.  We needed Cousins to manage the game and make plays when we needed him to.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

He can’t chuck it every down either.  This was a survival game for us.  4th string Oline and crap WRs for the most part.  We needed Cousins to manage the game and make plays when we needed him to.  

Nobody is asking him to chuck it every play but sitting back in the pocket waiting for everything to be perfect and then getting sacked is not managing the game. He was playing not to lose instead of playing to win. 

15 minutes ago, Woz said:

Two excellent throws, one to Quick and one to Doctson.

People wanted him to show he's worth the money and could win a game late. Well, he did that.

Did he play well all game? No. But he did what he needed to do to win.

But that won't be good enough, I suppose.

Nope. Not for some fans.

17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Yea but after a great performance from the D u have three missed field goals two ints around good postion you gotta finish the game.

even last week we had open guys per Cooley 

26 minutes ago, Woz said:

Two excellent throws, one to Quick and one to Doctson.

People wanted him to show he's worth the money and could win a game late. Well, he did that.

Did he play well all game? No. But he did what he needed to do to win.

But that won't be good enough, I suppose.

He get's a pat on the back. The thing is he thinks he's the guy and he wants to be the guy, that mean's the microscope is always on you. There's a level of expectation and he doesn't meet it consistently.

If he plays just average all game, we run away with this game and that comeback drive isn't necessary.

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Nope. Not for some fans.

This is all I ever want too see from Kirk!! I don’t need his perfect games!!! Those are just cool to watch. But I want to see this guy do what he did tonight!!! Have a short mind and do what you have to do when it matters!!! If you make ten mistakes stand up 11 times!!! He showed me something today I’ve rooted/ wanted/ begged to see. It’s not like I don’t want him to be great I hope Kirk is the best player we’ve ever had!!!!

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I really think Gruden deserves a lot of credit for getting this team in a position to win with such a banged up roster.

He's a good headcoach .

He just needs to commit to the run a bit more and give guys chances . Brian quick easily could of been more of a factor than Pryor if quick doesn't play today we lose.

doctson is our number one guy like I hope now Kirk saids " hey I'm way better than this I'm a top ten qb not a top 32 qb that might get benched "

2 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

He get's a pat on the back. The thing is he thinks he's the guy and he wants to be the guy, that mean's the microscope is always on you. There's a level of expectation and he doesn't meet it consistently.

If he plays just average all game, we run away with this game and that comeback drive isn't necessary.

But we know he can play average and above average. What we need to know is can he overcome the bad and turn things around when they aren’t great. That’s the biggest question.

Archived