GDT - Week 9: Washington Redskins vs. Seattle Seahawks

Ghostnote

26 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Blurb about Cousins yesterday... He met Gruden's challenge for at least this one drive

Redskins coach Jay Gruden wants Kirk Cousins to take more shots downfield.
"There's a point where he’s going to have to give receivers some chances that maybe look covered, but give them a chance to make a play. That’s probably one area we can force the issue on — to give these receivers chances down the field." Cousins is completing 68 percent of his passes, but has made most of his throws on checkdowns to Chris Thompson. With multiple starters missing on the offensive line, that's unlikely to change this week. Playing with a downgraded supporting cast, Cousins could struggle in a shy-away matchup at Seattle. Nov 4 - 6:45 PM

After that win the skins have ALOT of momentium .

no need for the skins to not feel confident beating the Vikings 

we seriously need to take chances deep and I hope Kirk finally does that 

Just now, Dashing202 said:

After that win the skins have ALOT of momentium .

no need for the skins to not feel confident beating the Vikings 

we seriously need to take chances deep and I hope Kirk finally does that 

we have a good team when healthy. good to see dox staying healthy

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yes. It was. But I notice your first post was to dog him on the GDT, as always. He was bad today, but came up big when it was needed. At the very least can you bring yourself to give him his props on that. 

Right, he made one good throw. It was still over-thrown and Doctson had to make a ridiculous dive to haul it in.

My issue is we won the game and suddenly Kirk is the GOAT again, completely ignoring how damn good the defense played all game. Wil Compton was outstanding and Zach Brown should have gotten a 100 million dollar contract at half time.

4 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

Right, he made one good throw. It was still over-thrown and Doctson had to make a ridiculous dive to haul it in.

My issue is we won the game and suddenly Kirk is the GOAT again, completely ignoring how damn good the defense played all game. Wil Compton was outstanding and Zach Brown should have gotten a 100 million dollar contract at half time.

Kirk gets a pass but he wasn't good today At all. He finally played with balls today and threw deep.

thats all he had to try and do hopefully now 2015 Kirk cousins comes back 

5 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

He made the play when it mattered.  A win is a win, stats don’t matter.

1 minute ago, Brian23 said:

We started at the 30. The drive was 4 plays. Pretty sure the throw to Doctson was only 38yds. Which followed a right side throw to Quick. Which followed an incompletion. Kirk was 2/3 for 69 yards on that drive. 

He engineered the drive. Should get props for that. Because he gets tons of static (some by you) for NOT engineering those kinds of drives. 

I'm not saying he's the GOAT. Never have. Defense played lights out. I'm simply saying that as poorly as the offense played today, they came up big when they needed to. And Kirk was a big part of that coming up big a the right time when he engineered a game winning drive against a good defense.

Because I can darn well bet the house that had Kirk not engineered that drive, you would be dogging him for his lack of ability to win when the game is in his hands. 

I'm not trying to convince you to like the guy. Or change your mind on his overall level of play today. I'm simply stating that IMHO, you should at least give him props for the game winning drive. 

4 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Shout out to the D and let's not change this defensive lineup.

when Matt comes back and Allen we might of found a good NT in Lanier .

also give McClain credit yall he got Wilson down for that last 20 secs

Yeah. I've dogged McClain this year. He came up big and gets a ton of credit for that

Archived