FA 2022

ravishingone

Sigh, I did not want to start the thread this early, but here we are.

This is a  key FA signing.  In fact, I would prioritize Lenny over Whitehead.  I m good with a depth chart of Lenny, Vaughn. and Bernard (re signed- cheap).  I ve become more anti RB early in the draft over the years.  So my bias is showing here.

• Like 1

Seems like there’s little to no cap space to improve this team ( correct me if I’m wrong). I don’t see how they replace Godwin and Brown.  The other wr’s proves there just not very good.  Olave would be ideal to play the Godwin roll but I just don’t see how this roster isn’t lesser next year, which could have a big factor in Brady’s decision 

24 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Seems like there’s little to no cap space to improve this team ( correct me if I’m wrong). I don’t see how they replace Godwin and Brown.  The other wr’s proves there just not very good.  Olave would be ideal to play the Godwin roll but I just don’t see how this roster isn’t lesser next year, which could have a big factor in Brady’s decision 

Salary cap is projected to rise over 25 million from last season.  I m no cap expert, but there are ways to lower cap hits for players to circumvent the cap.

My $.02 on what happens with the current roster

Leaving - JPP, Whitehead, McLendon, Cappa, Howard, Brate, Pinion (yes, he is my whippin boy, lol) (cap savings over 27 million). Look they dropped a huge amt of cap space at TE depth chart, that is going to change.

Retained (assuming Brady returns) - Godwin, Davis (franchised), Jensen, Gronk, Gholston, Lenny, and Gio.

They can structure deals to still have space left to pursue second tier FAs (guys who won t be signed day 1 or 2 of free agaency).

27 minutes ago, indifference said:

jpp cappa howard jones and brate wont be back

Going to have to get some fresh blood this year. Suh may retire and leave us dry at DT. Sucks that kid Barmore turned out to be a stud sure coulda used him yesterday

I never understood how O'Connor could never get any defensive snaps during the.season.   I know he is hurt, but he couldn t take 5 snaps away from NACHO and McLendon a game when teams were constantly throwing the ball.  Just weird.  Davis and Ledbetter had good camps, but could not make the roster.  Thesd may just have been JAGS, but they would just be taking away snaps for guys who you are already JAGS.

24 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

PR made a great point today.  Contract extension for Mike Evans.  Make him a lifetime Bucs.  His cap hit next season is almost 21 million, makes a lot of sense.  We know the character of Mike.  I expect to see this get done.

Yeah he certainly has earned it. No AB no Godwin; still produced as a #1 

Take that cap hit down 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

PR made a great point today.  Contract extension for Mike Evans.  Make him a lifetime Bucs.  His cap hit next season is almost 21 million, makes a lot of sense.  We know the character of Mike.  I expect to see this get done.

Give Mike whatever he wants, regardless. He more than deserves it.

He'll give it back anyway. lol

• Like 2