FA 2022

ravishingone

Free agency could get reaaaal interesting now, we can go all in pushing money down the line and free up room for significant signings

J.C. Jackson - Give him whatever it takes. He'd bring consistency to our secondary and I think it'd really bring us to the next level, especially if we can keep Whitehead. Alternatively we could swing for Stephon Gilmore, who would come cheaper and could still be our #1 CB. 

Akiem Hicks - He might be had on a value deal given his age, give him Suh's spot and offer Suh a 1-year deal to come back as a backup/rotational piece. BJ Hill would be a great alternative too, but probably prices himself out of our range with his age.

Brandon Scherff - Do we swing big trying to replace Ali? Or role with Hainsey/Stinnie/draft pick? 

Cordalle Patterson - He's already won 1 super bowl with Brady, and would fill a big need as a versatile playmaker

Braxton Berrios - A WR group is all about adding guys with different skillsets, and Braxton's is definitely something we're missing right now. Might price himself out of our reach given his age. 

Will Fuller - Has played at elite levels when healthy. He just cant stay on the field. We might be able to get him on a reasonable 1 year deal given his injury history, and he could step up in a big way while Godwin works back from his injury. 

TY Hilton - If he could be had for cheap, he could be a nice rotational piece and have a bounce back year with Brady. 

• Like 1

'Former Bucs LG Ali Marpet plans to stay retired. There was speculation Marpet might reverse his decision after Tom Brady decided to play another season, but Marpet is sticking to his plan. According to agent Andy Ross, Marpet is going to get his master's and hopes to work in a mental-health field. "He already bought a backpack," Ross said.'

The back-pack really seals it...

30 minutes ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

Free agency could get reaaaal interesting now, we can go all in pushing money down the line and free up room for significant signings

J.C. Jackson - Give him whatever it takes. He'd bring consistency to our secondary and I think it'd really bring us to the next level, especially if we can keep Whitehead. Alternatively we could swing for Stephon Gilmore, who would come cheaper and could still be our #1 CB. 

Akiem Hicks - He might be had on a value deal given his age, give him Suh's spot and offer Suh a 1-year deal to come back as a backup/rotational piece. BJ Hill would be a great alternative too, but probably prices himself out of our range with his age.

Brandon Scherff - Do we swing big trying to replace Ali? Or role with Hainsey/Stinnie/draft pick? 

Cordalle Patterson - He's already won 1 super bowl with Brady, and would fill a big need as a versatile playmaker

Braxton Berrios - A WR group is all about adding guys with different skillsets, and Braxton's is definitely something we're missing right now. Might price himself out of our reach given his age. 

Will Fuller - Has played at elite levels when healthy. He just cant stay on the field. We might be able to get him on a reasonable 1 year deal given his injury history, and he could step up in a big way while Godwin works back from his injury. 

TY Hilton - If he could be had for cheap, he could be a nice rotational piece and have a bounce back year with Brady. 

I really like Hicks and Patterson but the rest I'd do without

Berrios maybe but we could just draft someone , but berrios is definitely the Brady type

I'm just really not into JC jackson but I could be completely wrong on him

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Douglas is an interesting name.  Looked like a bust leaving Philly.  Got better in CAR and a really good year in GB.  If they can get an outside CB signed to a multi yr deal at that number, it would be ideal.

The secondary was our biggest downfall last year

I'd say we retool that as much as possible, attacking it via FA AND the draft

Doesn't have to be the best of the best but getting 2 new fresh faces that can compete at a starting level will be the key to playoff success 

While this isn't so much FA but still about players.  If we can't get Fournette back cheap, apparently it sounds like Barkley might be able to be traded for a mid round pick.  They don't see him staying and his contract right now is 7.2M.  Cheaper than any back we can sign unless Fournette takes that discount.  I won't find it hard to think that the Giants will trade him but he's coming back from injury and they worry about him leaving with nothing.  Just food for thought, honestly think that Fournette probably comes back unless some team just dumps money on the table for him. 

32 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

While this isn't so much FA but still about players.  If we can't get Fournette back cheap, apparently it sounds like Barkley might be able to be traded for a mid round pick.  They don't see him staying and his contract right now is 7.2M.  Cheaper than any back we can sign unless Fournette takes that discount.  I won't find it hard to think that the Giants will trade him but he's coming back from injury and they worry about him leaving with nothing.  Just food for thought, honestly think that Fournette probably comes back unless some team just dumps money on the table for him. 

That would be pretty cool

Barkley is still good imo

Also, I think Landry would be an awesome wr3 if he took less to ring chase