FA 2022

ravishingone

Looks like Godwin will be getting the tag again tomorrow. it's projected to be $19,127,000 this upcoming season. 

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports there's a 90 percent chance the Bucs use the franchise tag on Chris Godwin. 

Fowler cited a source familiar with the situation that the Bucs for the second straight year would slap Godwin, 26, with the franchise tag.

33 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

sheesh

imo he's going to back to being irrelevant/hurt

took him like 3 years to finally breakout

Godwin is going to get more

Well, Godwin has missed time also.  I can see Godwin getting between 50-55 million guaranteed.

I feel like that Williams deal screwed us over when it came to talks with Godwin. I can't imagine we were thinking anywhere close to $20 million a year with Godwin before that deal with Williams and LA got leaked. Now, it's probably a base for a future extension. 

TL;DR: Screw the Chargers. 

So Spotrac has Davis' market value at 19.6 million and Jackson at 20.9 million.  If I'm Licht I would spend a little more and cut a guy like Pinion and try to sign Jackson first.

So Byron Jones on the trade mkt?

Edited by ravishingone

16 minutes ago, indifference said:

Bucs bringing Davis back just need Jackson to set the CB market.

Pinon need to go though he was terrible in big games. I’d ask Brate for a paycut to save space too. 

I'm assuming that is the case, but are they trying to save cap space for some huge move?  Godwin was a must have re signing.  I mean let s face it, tampering began in Indy.  Agents are negotiating now.  Bucs have to already know what Davis wants.  Something is just a little.  Maybe you'll be proven right though 

6 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Is it just me that thinks that JC Jackson isn't going to be the same player without BB?

Probably.

BB spends like 90% of his time with his QB. If Jackson falls off or isn't as good, it's because of the scheme. Nothing to do with BB.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Probably.

BB spends like 90% of his time with his QB. If Jackson falls off or isn't as good, it's because of the scheme. Nothing to do with BB.

I don t know the last UFA the Bucs signed from the Pats turned out to be pretty good.

• Like 2

How far do the Bucs go with salary for Davis?  I don t think above  17 million.  He has never played a full season and 6 career picks.  I think they like him, but don t want to pay him a top salary.  If he gets over 18 million, I think he is gone.  Ironically, Dean has similiar stats and injury history with 1 less yr played.  Would you pay him north of 17 million?

Edited by ravishingone