FA 2022

ravishingone

Jackson is looking for 18+ million AAV on his deal and will likely get it and more. He's not in our price range IMO.

I love CD3 and think he's a number one cover guy, but he wants to get that kind of respect too with his deal. Problem is, I can't justify paying him that with his hands. If I'm paying you top 3 money at the spot, you'd better be creating turnovers and he simply just doesn't.

I'd rather give Casey Heyward (who would thrive in our scheme) a 1-2 year deal for 7-10 million AAV and get similar if not the same production.

• Like 3

I wonder if the Bucs take a look at Levi Wallace or Darious Williams.  Williams does not fit the physical profile for a Bucs CB.  Spotrac has Wallace at 9.6 million and Williams 14.6 million.  Davis better then Charvarius Ward?

Edited by ravishingone

19 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

How far do the Bucs go with salary for Davis?  I don t think above  17 million.  He has never played a full season and 6 career picks.  I think they like him, but don t want to pay him a top salary.  If he gets over 18 million, I think he is gone.  Ironically, Dean has similiar stats and injury history with 1 less yr played.  Would you pay him north of 17 million?

Wouldn't pay anyone in our secondary more than 17 million. The secondary is good but no where near the level to command those salaries....

Licht and the FO have done the right thing in tagging Godwin.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ravishingone said:

How far do the Bucs go with salary for Davis?  I don t think above  17 million.  He has never played a full season and 6 career picks.  I think they like him, but don t want to pay him a top salary.  If he gets over 18 million, I think he is gone.  Ironically, Dean has similiar stats and injury history with 1 less yr played.  Would you pay him north of 17 million?

I would be shocked if its above 17. He’s a good player great at times but having no accolades under his belt hurts. No pro bowls no all pros just 6 picks while being a good cover man. Maybe TB can get creative with his contract

4 minutes ago, indifference said:

I would be shocked if its above 17. He’s a good player great at times but having no accolades under his belt hurts. No pro bowls no all pros just 6 picks while being a good cover man. Maybe TB can get creative with his contract

Spotrac is not be all end all, but they have his value at 19.6 million.  Working in Carlton's favor is he is a 3 yr starter.  His advanced metrics are really good.  He played for a SB winner.

Certainly believe the Bucs agree with you because they did not franchise him.  Franchising him would have put Davis at a baseline of 17 million on a multi yr deal.  At this point, I think Cappa has a better chance of returning then Davis.  His perceived mkt value is more in line with his production relative to his position.

Sad that Fournette is likely gone, but he’s going to get a huge pile of cash somewhere. 

It seems short sighted letting RoJo walk because he surely wouldn’t be that expensive and we need someone capable of producing while we get a rookie up to speed. Vaughn it is, I guess.

I'd hope we do everything in our power to keep CD.

When's the last time we signed a CB to a second contract? We've had abysmal secondaries for most of the last decade. Like really really bad. CD is the first DB in a long time to come in and do a good job with flashes of great. He's earned a large contract and it'd probably be good for the secondary group to see one of their own get rewarded in Tampa. But I do understand that he'll probably command more in the market then we can afford.

Hurts losing Lenny but there's always a lot of FA and draft RBs available for cheap. No point overpaying in todays day and age unless you have money to blow or are in an immeidate superbowl window.

I'd be fine resigning Bell if he doesn't get any offers and then bring in one more cheap FA and a mid round pick. Below could make for an interesting RB battle

Vaughn

Penny / Mostert / Mack / Sony / Conner ect. 

James Cook ( haven't looked into RBs yet but somone around the 4th round would be ideal)

Leveon Bell

4 hours ago, SBucfan said:

Hurts losing Lenny but there's always a lot of FA and draft RBs available for cheap. No point overpaying in todays day and age unless you have money to blow or are in an immeidate superbowl window.

I'd be fine resigning Bell if he doesn't get any offers and then bring in one more cheap FA and a mid round pick. Below could make for an interesting RB battle

Vaughn

Penny / Mostert / Mack / Sony / Conner ect. 

James Cook ( haven't looked into RBs yet but somone around the 4th round would be ideal)

Leveon Bell

You had me til you said Bell

I like James Cook though