FA 2022

ravishingone

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

You did not watch the Texans and thats OK. A guy completing 70 of his passes while leading the entire NFL in passing yards is not someone who needs the perfect situation my man. I’ve been following Watson since Clemson he’s the real deal. They went 4-12 because their defense was bottom 5. One of the worst secondaries in the league. Texans mismanaged their team trading players away for draft picks. The Texans Owner is the one who tried to sabotage Watson while running a crappy organization. They just hired Lovie Smith in 2022. sorry im not going to believe the reports when one of the accusers lives next door to the owner. We seriously not considering how horrible they are ran into their downfall? Either way a move for him wont be made until his legal matters are situated. 3 firsts is too steep but 2 and some seconds and I’m fine with it. I just think the entire situation is BS and fabrication that was initiated by a scorn owner whose qb wanted to change scenary. 

Ahh so one of the 22 accusers and its all fabricated? Yeah maybe if it were ONE woman that came forward - but tell me , don't you find it suspicious he had several "private masseuses" he messaged off instagram to massage his "football injuries"? Yeah no. Too much of a trail to say this is all fabricated. Too many victims claiming the same thing, 10 of them being criminal charges. Let that sink in. 10 HAVE PRESSED CRIMINAL CHARGES! 

1 minute ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Ahh so one of the 22 accusers and its all fabricated? Yeah maybe if it were ONE woman that came forward - but tell me , don't you find it suspicious he had several "private masseuses" he messaged off instagram to massage his "football injuries"? Yeah no. Too much of a trail to say this is all fabricated. Too many victims claiming the same thing, 10 of them being criminal charges. Let that sink in. 10 HAVE PRESSED CRIMINAL CHARGES! 

On top of that - even if he some how avoids criminal convictions - you think the NFL is going to go easy on him for 22 sexual assault cases? 

On 2/19/2022 at 11:38 AM, RedandPewterReturns said:

Hmm a lot of support for a guy who : 1- has 22 women that've come forward for sexual assault - 10 of whom filed criminal charges with police. 2. Is vastly overpaid. On the field - he'll put up numbers but like winston - if everything isn't strong around him - he's not going to win us games. 3. The salary cap doesn't work for a 40MM QB. He's not in the 40MM tier in my opinion. Him and Dak are both over paid and need a strong team around them . 4. That strong team will vastly weaken given what we'd have to give up to get him. 3 first round picks and a pair of 2's? Mind you we'd also have to cut players to get around the salary cap. Davis, Godwin, Cappa, Jensen, Whitehead, Gholston, and Suh would all be gone with no premium draft picks nor cap to replace them with quality talent. 

5. League suspension or prison: This matter isn't going to be resolved any time soon and may still impact his 2022 season if its not resolved. No team would be smart enough to give up picks for a man who's more than likely going to be found guilty. If he avoids jail time, the commisioner will suspend him. This isn't just one woman who came forward. It's 22. 

1. I've said this before, but the truth of this case is likely somewhere in the middle. Of the 22 women who have filed claims (including the 10 criminal charges filed), only 3  reportedly weren't willing to entertain settlement. That tells me there isn't nearly as much evidence as we were led to believe and that a lot of these claims are just padding on plays for a money grab. Does it mean that there isn't something there - no and hopefully we'll find out, but to me the way it's being painted isn't the truth.  

2. Vastly overpaid? Not at all. He's been statistically a top 5 QB on the field and albeit that on a terrible team. His contract is going to look just fine, especially on the back end of that deal when the cap hit is under $40M the final few years. QB costs only continue to rise significantly every year. 

3. I can't agree with this - Watson has shown ability to take over games by himself. You look around the league, even the most elite QBs in the league (ARod, Allen, Mahomes) have to have an extremely talented team around them to have more than mediocre success consistently. 

4. Agree the cost to acquire him is going to be astronomical. if that reported asking price continues to hold, it could be a deterrent, especially for this team which hasn't done much to build their next wave of depth to develop in starters behind the current starters in the last few years. 

5. No team is going to trade for Watson until the legal course has played, or there is a clear picture of what will happen. It's exactly why Miami didn't pull the trigger on the deal last year when it was essentially at the finish line - because their was still those 3 that wouldn't agree to resolve . However, I think the assumption that he's going to found guilty is pretty overzealous. Also, the NFL pretty much follows suit with the law, which is why the defer these things until the legal/litigation process plays out before taking action on discipline. So unless he is found guilty and faces serious punishment by the law, your likely to see the NFL give him a slap on the wrist. It wouldn't be anything close to deterring a team from taking him on.    

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Outside of that Jaguars game where wentz didn't practice all week and was cleared to play less than 24 hours before kick off - He was pretty solid last year. Not my first option at QB - but if had for 15MM - i think you can win with him. 

To be honest- theres such an argument about who will be the QB in tampa - it's tough to find one - especially in a draft class thats potentially weak. But i feel there are 1 to 2 guys in this draft that can be franchise QBs, possibly 3 pending the situation. 

I think Tampa - BA is not built to go for a Rookie right now. It's probably going to be his last season and in his unwillingness to dial back the complexity of his offense - a rookie will struggle mightily when you see most vets struggle. Andrew Luck did fine sure - but thats a generational talent both physically and mentally. I guess the bucs will be doing their HW on rookie QBs that would be available in rd 1 and 2 when they pick. 

Free Agency QB - Is always a crap shoot. Sure i'd definitely would love Russell Wilson like most would. Excellent leader and character. Built physically and mentally for the position. I don't want Deshaun Watson. Overpaid QB who hasn't won anything. I worry about his leadership and character. 

The realistic acquisiiton is Teddy Bridgewater. Arians had him as the backup plan to Tom Brady in March 2020. I can see him going that route again. An upgrade over Blaine Gabbert for sure. 

Taking a break from the QB Talk - our own FA's - I have a feeling if Godwin does not sign a new deal by the start of FA - He's gone. I don't think the Bucs are going to have a set plan at QB right in the beginning and he could look elsewhere like LV Raiders or Jacksonville (teams with Cap). I also see Jensen leaving for a team like Cincinatti who still has cap room and need for OL starters. 

I read the PR article about how Tom Brady's cap hit is reduced by about 17MM waiting until June 2 to place him on the Retirement list or cutting him. 

I can see Jason Licht working out a deal to keep Cam Brate - he's due 6MM this year but a new 2 year 7 MM with 4 MM guranteed will help with the cap. Gronk is going to retire again i cannot see him back and I cannot seeing the Bucs losing Gronk, Howard, and Brate in one offseason. 

I think they'll tear up Mike Evans current deal and give him a brand new contract thats backloaded. Instead of constantly restructuring his current deal, give him a new 4 year 72 MM contract. 

As much as I'd like Godwin to be back, he's had significant injuries over the last 3 years. The Franchise Tag might jump to 20MM so that would be tough to tag him and sign others. I want him back but I'm starting to think theres a strong realistic chance he's not extended. 

on the OL - I would look to keep Cappa. I think he can be resigned at a reasonable deal and hes a solid starter. I think Jensen decides to go elsewhere. 

in the secondary - We're only keeping 1 - Whitehead or Davis. I have my reservations about Davis. I think hes a quality starter but he's about to get overpaid and I really don't want to overpay Davis whos not a top 10 Corner. He technically is in the william jackson range of 13 MM a year. He wants 17-18. I feel he'll be tagged in the end and Whitehead will cash in on the market. 

Gholston will be back - Suh ? I am projecting retirement. 

I also expect both Ronald Jones and Leonard Fournette to walk. Fournette MIGHT come back if the market is absolutely dry to what he is expecting. 

Jones is gone. No way he's playing for Arians again. 

overall i see us Tagging Davis , Resigning Gholston, Cappa, Gabbert and some other depth pieces. 

With a tight cap - this will not be like last offseason. 

I believe Jensen has played his last game as a Buc.  I think he'll get top 5 center money in free agency and he needs to take it.  Jensen never misses games and plays with attitude, some team will pay a lot even with his age.  I do wonder what Cappa's market will be.  There are a bunch of guards in free agency.  If the Bucs go cheaper option at Qb, I can see Cappa re signed.  Hainsey/Leverett battle at training camp for center.  Return 4 starting OL looks really good.  I can see an OL group of Smith, Marpet, Hainsey, Cappa, Wirfs, Wells, Leverett, and Hutcherson heading into the draft.