FA 2022

ravishingone

7 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I'm just going to say it

I think we paid gage too much

Coulda kept cappa or Whitehead instead at that price

I agree. He will likely prove to be a valuable asset and from a skill set stand point is a solid ABrown replacement (can play inside and out, tends to just get open, work ethic) but he also can drop the easy ones and could easily just end up in TB’s doghouse.  I actually think it’s a good fit though and will work just fine but for a team that’s presumably fudging every $ spent this feels like an over pay.  Add in the Mason trade and this $ could have went somewhere else with a higher upside wr in rd1 would have been real nice.  Use a future pick if needed and trade up to go for a Wilson or London. Even sitting pat and hoping for a Olave, Dotson or Burks

Just now, indifference said:

Great because when we play the Saints there were only 2 people on the team that got open in 2 man coverage. Now we’re back to 3 when CG returns..

Agreed, Willians signed with BAL also.  Also, another guy who can have the WR screen.  Johnson was too slow. Miller too slight.  Darden can t stand up

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I agree. He will likely prove to be a valuable asset and from a skill set stand point is a solid ABrown replacement (can play inside and out, tends to just get open, work ethic) but he also can drop the easy ones and could easily just end up in TB’s doghouse.  I actually think it’s a good fit though and will work just fine but for a team that’s presumably fudging every $ spent this feels like an over pay.  Add in the Mason trade and this $ could have went somewhere else with a higher upside wr in rd1 would have been real nice.  Use a future pick if needed and trade up to go for a Wilson or London. Even sitting pat and hoping for a Olave, Dotson or Burks

Oh for sure

Don't get me wrong , I think Gage is going to be a fantastic #3 option with Brady but I just thought that seemed like a fair bit of change to doll out when we still have to PAY Godwin and get gronk back