2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Man. I really think some of ya'll like to be upset about anything. lol

Swaim is a decent TE. He does more good than bad. His bad just is magnified. 
It's not our money. They can bring back anyone they feel they want to bring back. They can find a way. 
They didn't want to pay $2 million for a back up RB when they have Henry. 
I think they looked at the TE market can see the price tag for TEs.  Averaging about $6-7 million for some of the guys. 

Tear this take apart I guess.lol
But it wouldn't be the Titans if this forum didn't find at least one player to hate. 
Dating back to Eugene Amano. lol

Just want all-pro's at every postion..lol

Carry on. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Man. I really think some of ya'll like to be upset about anything. lol

Swaim is a decent TE. He does more good than bad. His bad just is magnified. 
It's not our money. They can bring back anyone they feel they want to bring back. They can find a way. 
They didn't want to pay $2 million for a back up RB when they have Henry. 
I think they looked at the TE market can see the price tag for TEs.  Averaging about $6-7 million for some of the guys. 

Tear this take apart I guess.lol
But it wouldn't be the Titans if this forum didn't find at least one player to hate. 
Dating back to Eugene Amano. lol

Just want all-pro's at every postion..lol

Carry on. 

I mean, I don’t love PFF, but a pretty pure blocking TE that graded outside of the top 100 TEs in blocking is pretty bad at everything though. 

It’s just a waste of resources. And guaranteeing him a roster spot is silly. Probably doesn’t matter in the end, but if the extra million means we don’t spend enough to get an actual competent TE, it’s a mess.

I’m not going to cry over losing Foreman. A cheap #2 RB is probably the easiest position to find. 

I’ll never be a fan of the Swaim signing. I’m sorry but he just was not good last year and giving him $3.5 million is crazy to me. Sure it’s not our money, but that extra money we gave Swaim could be the difference in adding a high quality tight end or WR.

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’m not going to cry over losing Foreman. A cheap #2 RB is probably the easiest position to find. 

I’ll never be a fan of the Swaim signing. I’m sorry but he just was not good last year and giving him $3.5 million is crazy to me. Sure it’s not our money, but that extra money we gave Swaim could be the difference in adding a high quality tight end or WR.

I'm not gonna be standing on a hill for Swaim but I just think it's over blown. 

If FA ends and we starting the season with Swaim and NWI starting snaps. I'll be there with you. 

But I'm of the belief that this will not stop us from signing who we want target to sign. No we were never gonna be spending $70 million on a WR and $50 million on a TE. 

So I think the guys we are targeting will be the guys we get. Still need to restructure or release some people to sign guys. 

And we aren't a roster that needed to spend big money in FA. 

We need depth and others that can be got cheaply or in the draft. (WR2 type or WR3 depending on how they view Julio and a TE.)

Just to me being all up in arms (not saying you) but others on Twitter mainly just feeling like we are doomed because we signed a TE is crazy. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, I’m sure I can find 10 plays last year where Chester Rogers successfully did his job. But that doesn’t make him a competent receiver.

I wasn't using it as an end all of his skills just examples that were on Twitter right now that show he isn't just dodo. 

It just sounds like you expect to field players with no holes at every position for less than $500k 

Would it make you feel better to have him playing the same role at $1 million?  Obviously they value him based on their evaluation. 

To me just sounds like j haven't complained about something lately so let me be mad. 

35 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, I don’t love PFF, but a pretty pure blocking TE that graded outside of the top 100 TEs in blocking is pretty bad at everything though. 

It’s just a waste of resources. And guaranteeing him a roster spot is silly. Probably doesn’t matter in the end, but if the extra million means we don’t spend enough to get an actual competent TE, it’s a mess.

Henry could run for 400 yards and PFF give him a failing grade. So that's a useless point to me. 

I trust the front office enough to know we will sign who we target without issue.

I’m not freaking out about Foreman 

Very thankful for everything he has done for us 

But he’s a RB 

RBs come from all walks of life 

Hilliard was fine too

We have one of the best RBs and for 3 straight post season games has been neutralized 

We need weapons in the passing game 

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

swaim is awful. he's a blocking tight end who can't block. i'm not talking PFF, i'm talking watching him get flattened and whiff week in and week out. he brings nothing.

All good. Well get ready for more Swaim. And I guess forum complaints. Lol