Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

31 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I suspect that is why the Vikes are on Wednesday for him...I reckon they will want him more...

My best guess...

Monday - Brown & Khan interview...Khan is passed over because he isn't from a scouting background...Brown comes back on Wednesday for his 2nd Interview.

Tuesday - Poles has his 2nd interview with us and still impresses.

Wednesday - Brown back for round 2 with us...Poles interviews with the Vikes.

Thursday - we announce Brown as GM...Vikes announce Poles...we announce another two finalists for the HC role maybe Leftwich & Caldwell

Friday & Saturday - HC interviews take place.

Sunday - New HC announced...probably Eberflus.

I don't think they allow Poles to leave Halas Hall without a contract. He needs to be the new Bears GM. I've been watching a few interviews of his. Really really impressive. 

24 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I don't think they allow Poles to leave Halas Hall without a contract. He needs to be the new Bears GM. I've been watching a few interviews of his. Really really impressive. 

Still Brown to go...I think both seem pretty similar...Brown just has more experience.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Still Brown to go...I think both seem pretty similar...Brown just has more experience.

They are for sure. But if he's interviewing in person Tuesday and they have a good feeling about him you don't let him go to the Vikings Wednesday. Sign him up Tuesday and get him going on hiring a HC. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

They are for sure. But if he's interviewing in person Tuesday and they have a good feeling about him you don't let him go to the Vikings Wednesday. Sign him up Tuesday and get him going on hiring a HC. 

I am hoping we can get Brown in on Tuesday too for a face to face then make a decision from there.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Poles and Daboll have a connection albeit a small one. Daboll was with KC for a year in (I think) 2012

I would also love to know if he has any connection to Leftwich or even interest in hiring him...I think it's a much riskier combination but the potential is so high.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I wonder which candidate asked for us to interview Dennis Allen? Not sure it's worth waiting until Tuesday to do it.

Dennis Allen was a surprise to me, as well. Way outta left field...

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

It's George's final call...the other 4 guys are their to advise.

If we end up with 2 Indy guys I think it makes for a perception issue for George that Polian, his “expert,” didn’t run an unbiased search, and I really think George wants to avoid that. He’s definitely aware of what gets said about him, and because of that I think at least one if not both guys hired will be guys high on Polian’s list but not from Indy. Remember, George was adamant HE was making the decision here. All Indy guys suggests otherwise. Worth noting. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

If we end up with 2 Indy guys I think it makes for a perception issue for George that Polian, his “expert,” didn’t run an unbiased search, and I really think George wants to avoid that. He’s definitely aware of what gets said about him, and because of that I think at least one if not both guys hired will be guys high on Polian’s list but not from Indy. Remember, George was adamant HE was making the decision here. All Indy guys suggests otherwise. Worth noting. 

I'm not sure George has the luxury of picking guys just to say they were his picks...I just think he has to pick the best two guys...if that is the Indy guys then so be it...if it's one of them but not the other or neither of them and two totally different guys then again all good as long as we pick the guys who truly give us the best chance of achieving our goals. 

• Like 1