Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

Ian Cunningham, Eagles director of player personnel: A protégé of Ozzie Newsome’s—one of his early jobs was as the Southeast area scout for the Ravens (Newsome’s alma mater, Alabama, was one of his schools)—Cunningham drew interest for an assistant GM post in Carolina last year, and Joe Douglas tried to take him to the Jets with him in 2019, and again in ’20. Cunningham’s time is coming, even if may still be a few years away.

I was down on the Trestman hiring, but hoped I was wrong. I was down on the Fox hiring, fully knew I wasn’t wrong. I was cautious about the Nagy hiring and tried to find the good in him and it but from day one I didn’t like his play calling ability, which was supposed to be his specialty. Eberflus I’m cautious about again but hopeful that he can right the ship. I wanted an offensive minded HC at first but realized if we get one in that’s power hungry and terrible at creating an offense, we just have Nagy all over again. So a good defense and potentially rotating out OC’s to get the offense where it needs to go is the move, as it always has been. 

15 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

It'll be hilarious if they only hire defensive coaches for a week or two and we all lose our minds

They aren't playing any games or having any practices in next two weeks to my knowledge.

But we want news yesterday, I get it.

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Imagine, for a minute, if the Bears had hired Kellen Moore. Or Brian Daboll. Or any of the other up-and-coming offensive coordinators. Yes, it would’ve been a sexier move and the talking points would’ve been great because of the knee-jerk reaction it creates about Fields’ growth. But the Bears have been there, done that.

At least we dodged years of people calling Daboll “Fatt Nagy”

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

At least we dodged years of people calling Daboll “Fatt Nagy”

There's this dude in Chicago that has _exactly_ Matt Staffords face; every detail is perfect, even the scuzzy beard, but he's like 5'5" and kinda wide.  I see this guy every where, in different contexts (friends party, brother in laws wedding etc) and am powerless not to grab my wife's arm and loudly whisper "It's Fatt Stafford! He's found me!" It's happened a bunch of times because we have so many cross-over connections.  She get's mad every time.  Sigh.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dafreak said:
Source just confirmed to me new #Bears GM Ryan Poles is interviewing former Bears assistant Pep Hamilton for the team's offensive coordinator vacancy this morning at Halas Hall. He was the QB coach and passing game coordinator for the Houston Texans this past season. #TakeThat

Down with pep as oc. He’s been succesfull with the last 3 qb’s hes been with including milks