Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

13 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

Delegation is good! Fans should be fans. Football evaluators should evaluate football... I'm pleased so far.

Have to love the fact Ozzie Newsome trusted him to scout the South in Baltimore considering the amount of SEC players they draft.

• Like 1

Honest NFL

@TheHonestNFL

53m

Ian Cunningham is one of the best in the business. I know the thought is to evaluate F.O. guys by who gets drafted, but that’s generally stupid. The evaluation process is the key. Ian’s write ups are as detailed and rarely involve cons, but more “where we can help.”

DaBearsBlog also says we will have more of an analytics department under Poles & Cunningham. 

Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL

20s

I could be wrong but I really don’t think the #Bears wanted Harbaugh (on his terms). If they did, they had every opportunity to land him. He’s been begging for an NFL opportunity the past 2 off-seasons.

Have to say I agree...I don't think he was ever in the running...him going to Minnesota doesn't worry me too much to be honestly...full scheme would need to change on both sides of the ball...only if Fangio goes with him would I start to be a bit more concerned.

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Honest NFL

@TheHonestNFL

53m

Ian Cunningham is one of the best in the business. I know the thought is to evaluate F.O. guys by who gets drafted, but that’s generally stupid. The evaluation process is the key. Ian’s write ups are as detailed and rarely involve cons, but more “where we can help.”

DaBearsBlog also says we will have more of an analytics department under Poles & Cunningham. 

Jeff McLane

@Jeff_McLane

1h

A significant loss in the #Eagles’ scouting dept. Ian Cunningham was one of VP of Player Personnel Andy Weidl’s top lieutenants.

Brad Spielberger, Esq.

@PFF_Brad

1s

My view on “beefing up” an analytics department: Not sure people realize how easy it still could be to become a Top 10 team in terms of incorporating research & strategy. You don’t need to be the Ravens or Browns. Hire 4 people and you’re probably top third in the league.

I love the fact we seem to be looking for an edge...a few 1% or 2% gains soon add up.

15 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL

20s

I could be wrong but I really don’t think the #Bears wanted Harbaugh (on his terms). If they did, they had every opportunity to land him. He’s been begging for an NFL opportunity the past 2 off-seasons.

Have to say I agree...I don't think he was ever in the running...him going to Minnesota doesn't worry me too much to be honestly...full scheme would need to change on both sides of the ball...only if Fangio goes with him would I start to be a bit more concerned.

I wouldn't be excited to see Harbaugh in MIN. I think he is a significant step up from Zimmer and has plenty of proven success. He likely has the contacts to make a hell of a staff too, which is why I wanted him here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

I wouldn't be excited to see Harbaugh in MIN. I think he is a significant step up from Zimmer and has plenty of proven success. He likely has the contacts to make a hell of a staff too, which is why I wanted him here.

No doubt he is a better hire than Zimmer was...I just don't think he is anything to fear.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Chicago Bears

@ChicagoBears

31s

We have hired Ian Cunningham as our Assistant General Manager. Welcome to Chicago, Ian! 

Officially official

Could see both Poles and Cunningham possibly endorsing PHI CB Steven Nelson as a FA target for us if Flus sees him as a fit for what he wants at corner. He was drafted by KC in 2015 when Poles was their college scouting coordinator and signed as a FA in PHI last year when Cunningham was their director of player personnel. 

The more I think about it, its just interested that Poles didn't even give Bieniemy an interview. Coming from KC knowing Bienemy up close I would've thought hed at least get an interview. 

I think that might say alot about Bienemy idk. If anyone would want to take you as a serious candidate you'd think it'd be Poles in this situation. 

• Like 2