Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I would have no issue with Pace moving up and us brining in a HC who can then have his own GM in place...for me it's a structure that makes more sense at this point with allowing a coaching staff to select what they want more than a GM...just not sure it happens.

I'm so fed up at this point that I'd give Josh McDaniels $8M/season and tell him he's got 5 years to do whatever he wants; just make us consistently competitive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

And yet his offenses have continued to flourish even when Brady wasn’t available, with lesser talents than Fields at QB. That’s why McD is my top choice. 

Shocker shocker, we agree Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Just now, G08 said:

I'm so fed up at this point that I'd give Josh McDaniels $8M/season and tell him he's got 5 years to do whatever he wants; just make us consistently competitive.

You and me both...I like a lot of candidates but every time I think about who could make this franchise great no one brings as many traits as McDaniels.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

FWIW you can get a full year of The Athletic for $9.99 right now. That’s $0.83/month. 

$3 a month on their website.   Ha.   I refreshed the page and it went to $4 a month.

Not doing it. 

I would need to got get a debit card if I wanted to do ii.   I hate trying to cancel subscriptions to things and therefor I hate subscribing to things.

Everyone hides how to do it and when you finally find the hidden secret unsubscribe method they act like they never got it and on and on.

Try unsubscribing to NFL GamePass.   They bill your CC anyway.

23 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

$3 a month on their website.   Ha.   I refreshed the page and it went to $4 a month.

Not doing it. 

I would need to got get a debit card if I wanted to do ii.   I hate trying to cancel subscriptions to things and therefor I hate subscribing to things.

Everyone hides how to do it and when you finally find the hidden secret unsubscribe method they act like they never got it and on and on.

Try unsubscribing to NFL GamePass.   They bill your CC anyway.

Agreed on unsubscribing. But I also willingly pay the $59 normal rate, so 🤷‍♂️.

I think one of the Bears reporters from The Athletic tweeted out the promo rate link within the past few days. Don’t remember which. Fishbain maybe? 

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Agreed on unsubscribing. But I also willingly pay the $59 normal rate, so 🤷‍♂️.

I think one of the Bears reporters from The Athletic tweeted out the promo rate link within the past few days. Don’t remember which. Fishbain maybe? 

I subscribed.   $6 for 6 months seems like a good deal.   I will use it for draft info.  

6 hours ago, G08 said:

Is he bringing Belichick with him? 

I can’t imagine a more qualified or more deserving assistant coach in this league than Josh,” Scarnecchia said. “The guy’s record speaks for itself, pre-Denver and post-Denver. And you have to take into consideration Denver as well. He is a pleasure to be around, a pleasure to work with, very respectful. He commands the room, but he does it in such a way where there’s no ego. You just get stuff done, and it’s easy and painless. When you watch him in front of the offense, he just commands the room. He can answer any question. He’s to the point. He’s deliberate. He is respectful of the players. The players respect him tremendously. I just think the guy is really, really good.”

• Like 1

With the rumour that Harbaugh is looking to leave Michigan I had a quick look at their depth chart and it is easy to see why he wants out when his stock is high because they probably won’t be anywhere near as good next year…they lose their best offensive player at RB & their LT, C & RT as well as 3 or their top 4 TEs to graduation…on D the story is even worse…they lose both Edge players, their best DL, their best ILB, their best CB & both starting safeties…they don’t recruit at the same level as a Bama or Ohio State so I doubt they just reload and go again.

Edited by Madmike90
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

With the rumour that Harbaugh is looking to leave Michigan I had a quick look at their depth chart and it is easy to see why he wants out when his stock is high because they probably won’t be anywhere nears as good next years…they lose their best offensive player at RB & their LT, C & RT as well as 3 or their top 4 TEs to graduation…on D the story is even worse…they lose both Edge players, their best DL, their best ILB, their best CB & both starting safeties…they don’t recruit at the same level as a Bama or Ohio State so I doubt they just reload and go again.

That's a major pitch I'd be trying to use to sway him too. 

On 1/5/2022 at 5:46 PM, dll2000 said:

At least five teams have requested to interview McDaniels over the past three hiring cycles. He was on the shortlist with the Eagles last year, according to sources. So a good portion of the league has moved on from the Colts situation.

As far as the Colts situation, even when I hired any salaried member I didn't count anything until pen went to paper. I'm talking Supervisors making $1K per week, so why anyone would do any sort of handshake deal when there are millions per year being paid in a billion dollar business is beyond me. 

Still blows my mind.

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

That's a major pitch I'd be trying to use to sway him too. 

As far as the Colts situation, even when I hired any salaried member I didn't count anything until pen went to paper. I'm talking Supervisors making $1K per week, so why anyone would do any sort of handshake deal when there are millions per year being paid in a billion dollar business is beyond me. 

Still blows my mind.

What I really didn't like is that he has staff commit to him and, if I'm not mistaken, sign said paper.