Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Skill position wise (besides Allen) their RBs are just guys, and I think their WRs are just average too except for Diggs. I know Beasley had 82 catches but that’s for less than 700 yards so a lot of quick screen stuff, and there was zero drop off with McKenzie playing for him when he was on the COVID list, and there’s no question McKenzie is just a guy. Davis and Sanders are average WR3/4 guys. Knox is solid, and a big target in the RZ, but be had less catches and yards than Kmet too. 

That's my point: no worse than average. Now let's do the Bears. They're loaded with s***

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That's my point: no worse than average. Now let's do the Bears. They're loaded with s***

I have been saying for a while and still fully believe there is more talent on this team that was allowed to show...yes the receiver core needs rebuild alongside Mooney but I think we are really strong at RB...I think Kmet is a real talent but again has just never been used right...I also think Jenkins and Borom showed enough to suggest they can be strong pieces of the OL moving forward...

A proper center and a WR this offseason as well as a real offensive scheme and I think we would see a lot of improvement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

So having slept on the idea of just offering Schoen & Daboll the job I have decided...this is exactly what we should do...

Defence & culture are extremely important and I feel they can both bring that here but you saw last night in the playoffs that the best QB tends to win the game...we need all our focus to be on developing Fields and putting him in the best position to succeed...Daboll is the guy for that given how much he has helped Allen since his rookie year.

What I slept on is simple: George has final say and he's admitted he's "just a fan." Not one rational fan watched that Bills game last night and thought "eh that wouldn't fit in Chicago." Not sure about Schoen but if I had to bet on it right now, I'd bet Daboll is the next coach

• Like 1

Just now, beardown3231 said:

What I slept on is simple: George has final say and he's admitted he's "just a fan." Not one rational fan watched that Bills game last night and thought "eh that wouldn't fit in Chicago." Not sure about Schoen but if I had to bet on it right now, I'd bet Daboll is the next coach

Schoen is a great candidate to be GM off his own back...got interviews last year in Carolina...then according to the beat guys in NY he blew away the Giants in his interview this year...Brandon Beane is one of the more underrated GMs in the NFL and Schoen and him are very close so if we could get someone like that we would be served well...him, Dodds, Brown or Smith seem the most likely.

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I think I would really like a schoen/daboll combo, but I have a feeling there is no way there wont be a diversity hire here, so maybe Morocco Brown/Daboll combo might be the best we can hope for

The one thing I did believe George on during that presser is that he doesn't feel forced to select a minority candidate...just to give everyone an equal opportunity...we are doing that with such a diverse group of candidates...I really like Brown and believe he has worked extremely hard to get to where he is and if he is the best candidate then great but if he isn't then we have to just select the best guy for the job regardless of ethnicity.

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

36m

#Bills OC Brian Daboll is scheduled to interview for the #Dolphins and #Bears head coaching jobs today, while DC Leslie Frazier will interview with Miami today and Chicago later this week, per sources. Big meetings after a big win.

Sounds like we have pushed back the Frazier interview to later in the week...

Playing for all the marbles today with Daboll & Schoen...the Giants apparently have very high interest in both...they are the franchise that have worried me from day one so we need to convince these guys we are the right fit...hope they both have a high opinion on Fields and not any QBs in this years draft.

Edited by Madmike90

12 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The one thing I did believe George on during that presser is that he doesn't feel forced to select a minority candidate...just to give everyone an equal opportunity...we are doing that with such a diverse group of candidates...I really like Brown and believe he has worked extremely hard to get to where he is and if he is the best candidate then great but if he isn't then we have to just select the best guy for the job regardless of ethnicity.

Oh believe me, I'm all for the meritocracy, and I wish I could believe like you that will win out. But then fact the diversity director is going to be involved in the process tells me at least one, if not both selections will be a minority, especially with all that is being made right now of Tomlin being the only AA head coach in the league right now.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Oh believe me, I'm all for the meritocracy, and I wish I could believe like you that will win out. But then fact the diversity director is going to be involved in the process tells me at least one, if not both selections will be a minority, especially with all that is being made right now of Tomlin being the only AA head coach in the league right now.

You could be right...my hope is we are simply making sure everyone gets a fair shake at it...that's all anyone can ask for.

Chris Mortensen

@mortreport

1m

Schedule change in interviews today for Bills coordinators Leslie Frazier and Brian Daboll. Both set to meet with Dolphins contingent in Buffalo. Daboll interviews virtually w/ Bears but Frazier’s was moved to another day this week, per source.

That's confirmed on Frazier...hopefully we make the bold move of just making sure Schone & Daboll know it is they to we want above all else.

12 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed. They don't have any real super stars besides Diggs, who definitely makes a difference, but still...I don't think they're far and away that much more talented. I think more than anything they're a really well coached team

I disagree.  That team is really good.  A team isn’t just about stars, it’s having lack of weaknesses.  

Then when you add stars they raise the level of the good players so the team becomes really good.

It’s easier to see in basketball because there are only 5 guys in play.    When an elite player is added a good player looks really good playing with him.   

NE has way less talent overall than Buffalo.  They are on Bears level talent wise as a team.  They can just do way more with it than Bears can.  

• Like 2

SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports "there are some around the league" who believe Bills assistant GM Joe Schoen is the favorite for the Giants' general manager job.

The Giants are casting a wide net in their GM search, with Schoen the first candidate to interview for the job. Schoen comes from the Bill Parcells tree and is considered one of the rising stars in the league. Schoen would likely be a package deal for the Giants with the 42-year-old expected to bring Bills OC Brian Daboll with him as the next coach if he's hired.

We need to stop this from happening today.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

So having slept on the idea of just offering Schoen & Daboll the job I have decided...this is exactly what we should do...

One of my favorite combinations as well. What's the deal with Kellen Moore, anyway? Has he decided to stay put? He isn't interviewing with anybody, is he?

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

A proper center and a WR this offseason as well as a real offensive scheme and I think we would see a lot of improvement.

They're a lot closer to being a dangerous offense than most people realize. Well, provided Fields pans out, that is.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Playing for all the marbles today with Daboll & Schoen...the Giants apparently have very high interest in both...they are the franchise that have worried me from day one so we need to convince these guys we are the right fit...hope they both have a high opinion on Fields and not any QBs in this years draft.

Yeah, if they aren't high on Fields, that probably keeps them away from Chicago...but you never know. There are a lot things the Bears organization has going for it that the Giants organization lacks. As weird as that sounds. 

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

What's the deal with Kellen Moore, anyway? Has he decided to stay put? He isn't interviewing with anybody, is he?

Off the top of my head the Vikes & Jags have requested interviews with him...I think we are concerned about experience/leadership when it come to him.

• Like 1